Delta cutting back on flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not always. RT from Clevland to Cozumel starts at $416 in April, $424 on American thru DFW but with an overnight connection going, $483 with a reasonable connection going but an overnight returning.

DFW to Cozumel RT starts at $590 in April. One-way DFW to CZM starts at $290, one-way CZM to DFW starts at $305 - so not much lost booking two one-ways, but one-way CZM to CLE starts at $218 - so you could save booking DFW-CZM one way plus CZM-CLE one way getting off in DFW. Checked bags would be a problem.

Not really. You have to claim your bags to clear customs and then take them to the "RECHECK" area where they are placed back into the baggage system. Just don't recheck them. Right?

Not really. You have to claim your bags to clear customs and then take them to the "RECHECK" area where they are placed back into the baggage system. Just don't recheck them. Right?

I don't know about DFW, but it wouldn't work in ATL. The international baggage claim for ongoing flights is in a different area than ATL bound passengers. They won't let you take your checked bag through the airport to get out the door.

Well, the ticket requires an overnight layover in DFW anyway, and they might even require you to keep your checked bags.

I don't know about DFW, but it wouldn't work in ATL. The international baggage claim for ongoing flights is in a different area than ATL bound passengers. They won't let you take your checked bag through the airport to get out the door.
In American's international terminal in DFW, after rechecking your bags, you exit the secure area, so keep them. If anyone says anything, tell them your bags sleep where you do, Or you're feeling ill and not sure when you can continue, so want to keep them until you know. It'd be an adventure to save $82, then there are the braggin' rights.

What was the question exactly? It looks like Delta a has few non-stops a week from Minneapolis, ending March 31. Sun Country has a few a week also, scaling back April 6 and ending April 13. Otherwise, Delta thru Atlanta, American thru DFW, or United Houston, and Air Canada will end it brutal service (20 hour layover!) April 25 - after less than a month? What's with that?

Is it possible that the local government is trying to restrict flights to promote the ferry business? I understand one airline not coming to agreement, but two major airlines??

Looks like I can still fly American to Coz out of Cleveland, with a layover in DFW, for $430. Flying to Coz directly from DFW with same dates/same flight to Coz? $630! Whatever, I'll take it.

I wonder if you Texas folks could purchase the flight from Cleveland, then just get on the flight to Coz in Dallas?
You used to be able to get away with such things back when paper records were all that there was, but not anymore. These days, if you don't use any part of a ticket the whole trip will be canceled. When they scan your boarding pass, or don't, they know.

Hidden city ticketing has gotten a little trickier over the years but is still easy to do if smart.Airlines frown on the practice but is legal and upheld to be legal by courts. Airlines can cancel frequent flyer miles and programs if you abuse to often.There is a website Skiplagged.com which will help you with the flight searches.This method has helped me visit 54 countries over the years.

Hidden city ticketing has gotten a little trickier over the years but is still easy to do if smart.Airlines frown on the practice but is legal and upheld to be legal by courts. Airlines can cancel frequent flyer miles and programs if you abuse to often.There is a website Skiplagged.com which will help you with the flight searches.This method has helped me visit 54 countries over the years.

54 countries! ...a fugitive from the airlines' hit squads ? :)

Well, the ticket requires an overnight layover in DFW anyway, and they might even require you to keep your checked bags.

In American's international terminal in DFW, after rechecking your bags, you exit the secure area, so keep them. If anyone says anything, tell them your bags sleep where you do, Or you're feeling ill and not sure when you can continue, so want to keep them until you know. It'd be an adventure to save $82, then there are the braggin' rights.

Life is way too short for such financial gymnastics!

Back
Top Bottom