Delta cutting back on flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I can still fly American to Coz out of Cleveland, with a layover in DFW, for $430. Flying to Coz directly from DFW with same dates/same flight to Coz? $630! Whatever, I'll take it.

I wonder if you Texas folks could purchase the flight from Cleveland, then just get on the flight to Coz in Dallas?
$416 on some dates in April. No, if you purchase a flight from Cleveland, don't show there, the record is canceled. I remember when flying out of Waco thru DFW was so much cheaper than originating DFW for many trips that people were driving down there and enjoying free parking as well. Some would get dropped off in Waco, fly, then on return just not catch the last flight from DFW to Waco. There has been some talk of legal action on such.

A European airline is suing a passenger for doing just that....buying with a leg and not proceeding onto the final destination....will be an interesting brief.

A European airline is suing a passenger for doing just that....buying with a leg and not proceeding onto the final destination....will be an interesting brief.
Checked bags would be a problem. They are supposed to be on the same plane as the passenger, but would probably go on to the final destination of the ticket. We considered a plan for my daughter's family to drive from Lubbock to Midland to get cheap fares to Florida, checking bags, then on return - all but her husband get off in Lubbock and stay. He would continue to Midland to gather bags and bring the car back. They chickened out.

No....just one charge of any amount! I’m buying a pack of gum....no blackout dates either....you can apply on line as well.

Do you have a link for this one? The best I can find is spending $3k over 3 months to get 50,000 miles. There's one for $60,000, but it requires a lot more spending.

Looks like I can still fly American to Coz out of Cleveland, with a layover in DFW, for $430. Flying to Coz directly from DFW with same dates/same flight to Coz? $630! Whatever, I'll take it.

I wonder if you Texas folks could purchase the flight from Cleveland, then just get on the flight to Coz in Dallas?

Flyers have to get on at the original departure point. You can't buy a ticket from CLE and get in Dallas. It would be possible to buy a one way flight to CLE and then get off in Dallas on your way back, but only with a carry on (like Dandy DOn said). But, then the savings dwindle or disappear due to the one way flight.

Many, many moons ago, I was living in Chicago and working in the northern burbs. I was flying back to Boston quite a bit on the weekends. It got so expensive to fly directly out of O'Hare, that I would leave my car at work, ride with a coworker to Milwaukee, fly to Boston and back, and get off in ORD. I would then take a shared limo back to the office. I saved over a hundred dollars a trip doing it that way, and it worked because it was a short trip with only a carry-on.

It would be possible to buy a one way flight to CLE and then get off in Dallas on your way back, but only with a carry on (like Dandy DOn said). But, then the savings dwindle or disappear due to the one way flight.
Not always. RT from Clevland to Cozumel starts at $416 in April, $424 on American thru DFW but with an overnight connection going, $483 with a reasonable connection going but an overnight returning.

DFW to Cozumel RT starts at $590 in April. One-way DFW to CZM starts at $290, one-way CZM to DFW starts at $305 - so not much lost booking two one-ways, but one-way CZM to CLE starts at $218 - so you could save booking DFW-CZM one way plus CZM-CLE one way getting off in DFW. Checked bags would be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom