Degrees of freedom ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I came from L.A. to Florida and was hoping to purchase a new Yamaha enduro outboard and spend time with our family . No bueno for the motor since they are no longer permitted for sale in the good old U.S.A. More choices in any third world country than here .

My wife and I came from L.A. to Florida and was hoping to purchase a new Yamaha enduro outboard and spend time with our family . No bueno for the motor since they are no longer permitted for sale in the good old U.S.A. More choices in any third world country than here .
If you want high emissions and blue smoke, best look elsewhere. You’re looking for something that’s been on the downtrend in more developed countries for twenty years. Same w Aus and others.

I understand your desire for an Enduro engine.

I worked in Guyana for about 5 years and every fishing boat, from the 35' dow looking boats that we saw offshore to the 12' plywood skiffs with manual bildge pumps (coffee can), were powered by Enduro engines.

The guys running those boats could barely afford clothes much less ice for fishing but their engines got them home...every time.

I firmly believe that you could fix just about any issue on those engines with a flip-flip and a piece of rusty wire.

Are there better, more environmentally friendly engines? Of course there are. Are there more reliable engines? Probably not.

Came here looking for statistics.

Son,_i_am_dissapoint.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom