Deep6 Website Security Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i wanted to order some fins tonight and ran across this. hopefully ill have time to call in the AM

Just another example of why I drag so much deep6 gear all over...LOL

i wanted to order some fins tonight and ran across this. hopefully ill have time to call in the AM

Everything is fine now. I have done a ton of updates and development work in the past day or so. I got everything back online about 2am. Ordering is secure, working, and orders are shipping.

Cheers,
Landon

Ordering indivdual hoses are still borked for now.... just heads up

As far as Right to repair, I won't speak for landon, but I follow it and believ in it. I will say Landon likes to fix everything he has as well.. so while we haven't discussed "right to repiar" as an issue in general, I am pretty sure he is a fan.. LOL

In the computer repair industry Louis Rossmann has been a genius resource for creating a massive amount of training videos for doing microscopic board repair on Apple devices, figuring things out. He's been one of my personal heroes and has been a tremendous resource for me and my business. Jessa Jones too, she has a school where she started just teaching stay at home mom's how to fix ipads/phones. If you have an interest in electronics repair their Youtube channels will teach you pretty much all you'd need to know, what tools to buy, which solder paste is good, the best affordable microscope. In the data recovery industry, it's all secretive too. Scott Moulton (strong parallels to Vance Harlow) has made enemies and received his share of threats from the secretive data recovery industry for teaching people data recovery so they don't have to get bilked by the big labs.

They've been very busy going to state hearings pushing bills to allow consumers to have access to the ability to repair their own stuff, or to choose to visit a store like mine. Here are two of the most recent hearings. Give them a whirl. You'll see the inane arguments the lobbyists make appealing to all the usual fear strategies. I'll paraphrase: "you could die if you change your battery, it could blow up" Total BS. This is why I'm turned on by Deep6, they're model speaks to me.

The website is working great! Thanks for your hard work burning the midnight oil Landon. I know what that's like.

Have fun :)

And Scott for anyone curious about data recovery and some of the issues he faces with the industry, and he spills all the secrets. starting at 9min, "I got death threats..I make my tools out of trash":

If anyone knows of or wants to start a channel on scuba equipment repair I'll totally subscribe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom