Deep Exposure or Aldora or any other??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Living underwater is also a wonderful dive op. Jeremy of LU is, like Memo and Dave from Aldora, a top shelf supremely excellent guy. Where Aldora edges him in my mind is if Jeremy gets a group of inexperienced divers...he only has one boat and that means you dive the inexperienced profile. Aldora has something like 8 boats and can normally find a group of good breathers who can go deep and still hit 90 minutes.

Still, I very much enjoyed diving with Jeremy. He is absolutely my kind of diver. As yet, I have no experience with the other steel tank ops....I'd like to, but I simply can't fathom how to improve upon Aldora or Living Underwater (with a good group.

Bill, I hear you and have expressed similar thoughts to Jeremy (when he always asks for my feedback on every trip). He runs two boats where he has sufficient divers and separates them accordingly but that tends to be Christmas, New Years, Spring Break). When there are not, he sends them up as they get low on air. Usually he sends up his own buoy with them but if they have their own and can deploy, then that's what goes. So I'm able to get long dives even with newbies on board for the most part. Not always, but usually.

I've been diving with Aldora since 2000, logged 200+ dives with them, and never had any reason to dive anyone else.
If your going to dive those few days with Aldora, you might want to just stay at the Villa.
Villa Aldora

Going up to northern reefs (Aldora lite), weather permitting, is an easy 10 minute boat ride from the Villa in the afternoons.

Does anyone suggest Deep Exposure over Aldora? Or any other that do long dives?

I think you'll have a hard time finding somebody recommending anybody 'over' Aldora. The best another dive op is going to do is get a recommendation of being 'as good as' them. Aldora's been around a long time and has a lot of happy customers so you're on an up hill battle seeking somebody recommended over them.

Probably, the best thing for you to do is do a search on these forums for deep exposure (put quotes around the two words when you search), you'll find some threads about them. I seem to recall them revolving more around tech divers then normal recrecation divers, but I could be wrong.

Yes, Deep Exposure caters to the dir-type technical diver, with doubles, BP/W, scooter-rental and mixed-gas/deco gas support. Haven't dove with them, but was impressed with their shop & dive-operation (2006). . .

Thanks everyone!!! I wil stick with Aldora! You guys are right... why change if I am happy...!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom