Deep Diver Training - PADI vs IANTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwdiver

New
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the main differences were between the PADI and IANTD Deep Diver courses (apart from the obvious differences that IANTD is more expensive and takes longer to complete).

To put this question into context, I am looking to expand my area of knowledge and techniques so I can eventually move to deeper wreck dives...so my thinking is that IANTD will be "better" as a foundation course.

Thanks in advance.

There is really little in common between PADI and IANTD when it comes to technical dive instruction.

IMO, the only choice is IANTD. You can go to their website and review the courses, equipment requirements and get a list of instructors in your area.

Of course they are longer and more expensive.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...
There is really little in common between PADI and IANTD when it comes to technical dive instruction.

IMO, the only choice is IANTD. You can go to their website and review the courses, equipment requirements and get a list of instructors in your area.

MD
He penetrated
the Dos Ojos Cave.

Explored the
Nippo Maru.

Survived
4 years in
Special Forces.

Logged 3500 dives.

And he's a
TEC DEEP DIVER.

Does that mean he dives deep technically, or technically deep dives :confused:

And, isn't that Nippo thing a lighter??
A lighter...hahahaha...I like the female ad too...

She's seen what
few women have.

The deep caves
of Mexico.

The belly of
the Andrea Doria.

The 110-foot deep home
of the Frontenac.

And she's a
TEC DEEP DIVER.

But do they teach you the proper use of the Fido Stage?

O-ring once bubbled...

The belly of
the Andrea Doria.
Which is of course deeper than the maximum depth limit for a PADI TEC Deep Diver, so obviously she got further training somewhere else. :)

Roak

wwdiver once bubbled...
I was just wondering what the main differences were between the PADI and IANTD Deep Diver courses (apart from the obvious differences that IANTD is more expensive and takes longer to complete).

To put this question into context, I am looking to expand my area of knowledge and techniques so I can eventually move to deeper wreck dives...so my thinking is that IANTD will be "better" as a foundation course.

Thanks in advance.

My guess is that any one you find teaching the PADI course is also an instructor for IANTD or TDI or someone.

I wouldn't count on the IANTD course taking longer or costing more. You wouldn't believe how fast I have see this card issued. The PADI class requires aminimum of twelve dives and a good deal of class time. The IANTD course (in theory requires about the same number of dives...6 dives for Advanced Nitrox combined with Deep Diver and ^6 dives required for Technical Diver.

The big advantage I see to IANTD is that you can do Normaoxic Trimix at the same time as the Technical Divers class. If you do it this way you can avoid diving deep on air.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

But do they teach you the proper use of the Fido Stage?

I personally excelled in Bark 1 and Bark 2. I would not, however, eat the doggie biscuit.

During Rescue we were introduced to the Cat Litter. Does that count?

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom