Deep Air Debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to decide between Justice League and Shazaam often led to fights on saturday morning between my sister and I as we both tried to turn the knob. Hard to believe there were only 3 stations at one time...

Oh Mighty Isis!!!

My kids still think it is a trick when I stand next to the TV and change the channels without using the remote...

My kids want to call PETA when I tell them we used to use Rabbit ears for better reception. We only had 3 channels and... there was always something to watch.

I love the buzz, it makes the fishies more pretty

I love the buzz, it makes the fishies more pretty

:acid:

Trimix shmimix.

All this talk about trimix. I finally decided to give it a try and I don't see what the fuss is all about.
First I needed three tanks and three reg sets. Then I had to switch regs back and forth all the time. First I'd take a small breath off the helium bottle and get kinda dizzy; One off the Oxygen bottle and I'd get all shaky. The hit of nitrogen made me feel loopy. You can't get nothing done diving that way.

Unless someone comes up with a better system for this stuff I don't see it catching on.

Wow, you're right! I'm so old, I remember when you actually had to pick up hookers on the streets, now you can just click away on craigslist and choose the perf....... Uhhh, what were we talking about again??

Trimix shmimix.

All this talk about trimix. I finally decided to give it a try and I don't see what the fuss is all about.
First I needed three tanks and three reg sets. Then I had to switch regs back and forth all the time. First I'd take a small breath off the helium bottle and get kinda dizzy; One off the Oxygen bottle and I'd get all shaky. The hit of nitrogen made me feel loopy. You can't get nothing done diving that way.

Unless someone comes up with a better system for this stuff I don't see it catching on.

Dude. Don't go blaming the system. It's your execution. You're not supposed to take hits in a 1:1 ratio. You should be using more like a 1:2:2 ratio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom