Deep Air Debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have post a thread on this topic and been more on the defense . I guess it could be a resentment how tec dive has come of age . If you were diving before the INTERNET tec was scarce in most of the USA . I had to make a single tank adapter for my backplate . Today we look at a picture and price push a few buttons and it arrives . We have it pretty easy today . Back to the topic of those who dove deep air yesterday and today . They are the people who invented the tables , rebreathers , regulators tec gear etc. I consider myself a amateur at best in this field . Members like Doppler , DCBC , Nemrod and the like are way cool and respect them all for the experience and expertise they bring to this forum .

Boy there's a fresh new topic.

I'm still undergoing therapy from reading that thread. They told me I have PTSD, and I think it's coming back.

Peace,
Greg

I have post a thread on this topic and been more on the defense . I guess it could be a resentment how tec dive has come of age . If you were diving before the INTERNET tec was scarce in most of the USA . I had to make a single tank adapter for my backplate . Today we look at a picture and price push a few buttons and it arrives . We have it pretty easy today . Back to the topic of those who dove deep air yesterday and today . They are the people who invented the tables , rebreathers , regulators tec gear etc. I consider myself a amateur at best in this field . Members like Doppler , DCBC , Nemrod and the like are way cool and respect them all for the experience and expertise they bring to this forum .

What is your point...that DCBC and Nemrod are way cool? Or is it that you are old enough to have seen things change?

Back in the day, I can remember when you had to get up to change channels on the TV...you people have it so easy today!

Back in the day, I can remember when you had to get up to change channels on the TV...you people have it so easy today!

My kids still think it is a trick when I stand next to the TV and change the channels without using the remote...

Trying to decide between Justice League and Shazaam often led to fights on saturday morning between my sister and I as we both tried to turn the knob. Hard to believe there were only 3 stations at one time...

I think deep air is just fine. it only costs me about 5 bucks to fill my doubles. and I'm man enough to handle it.
i save the rest of the money for bear wrestling and blindfolded base jumping. trimix diving sissies wouldn't know anything about that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom