Deep 6 wetsuits sold out now what to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If $ is really not an issue (and I think that you were joking) I would get a Henderson Talon.

For me it's Henderson all the way, USCG approved for 20+ years...<TG>
i have a 5mm Vest, 3mm full, and 7mm semi-dry, all for henderson
I would not be overly surprised to find out that there is a geographic advantage at play in securing the initial contract ...

Nothing against Henderson, I like(d) mine.

I am built like you. I am a large on top..longer armed longer torso and shorter skinnier legs. 30" inseam and 33" waist. I want front zipper and something very flexible for warm water diving don't need pockets ease of donning/doffing would be great
Are you a shorts in the winter guy? I have one of these and it is great for me for warm water:
Thermoprene® Men’s Front Zip Jacket • Henderson Aquatics
A635MF_01_sm-600x824.jpg

They are available in 3, 5, and 7mm versions: Henderson Scuba Diving Wetsuits - Buy at LeisurePro

I have the 5mm. If it is really warm, I can just partially unzip to get a little cooler. In and out is trivial, but during a SI, I can just unzip if it is not insanely hot.

Quality doesn't really matter if it does not fit properly. A lower quality suit with a superior fit is much better than a higher quality suit that fits poorly and is uncomfortable.

Even though your stated budget is sarcastic, you could go custom at a fraction of that dollar value.

You are going to get all sorts of recommendations to your query...the one two posts up says: "Bare is good"....but it tells you nothing of why it is good or which models in their line is good...and it doesn't tell you anything about whether it is good for you.

....it really does not matter what brand is good unless the brand has a suit that fits you properly and comfortably, and you are willing to accept the price.

Beyond that, all of the major manufacturers of dive gear are making good suits. Find one that fits you well and dive the crap out of it.

-Z

I like that you didn't bite. Personally not sure what warranted the sarcasm, what you said was true, as true as it is with masks.

I like that you didn't bite. Personally not sure what warranted the sarcasm, what you said was true, as true as it is with masks.
When I first asked the question I was looking at what name of "brands" regardless of budget. However I didnt exactly spell it out that way. So my first response from someone was What brand fits and fits your budget.....so sarcastically I reponded that my budget was $25,000. However in my mind I wasn't concerned about he budget....I was concerned about the quality and performance of a different brand than Deep6

When I first asked the question I was looking at what name of "brands" regardless of budget. However I didnt exactly spell it out that way. So my first response from someone was What brand fits and fits your budget.....so sarcastically I reponded that my budget was $25,000. However in my mind I wasn't concerned about he budget....I was concerned about the quality and performance of a different brand than Deep6

The reality is that there are many brands that make many excellent products, and it really comes down to what you are looking for from whatever wetsuit you purchase. My experience, in over 25 years of diving, nearly as many or more years whitewater kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, and generally growing up and living on the water is that all the bells and whistles are great, but if the suit does not fit well the wearer will be relatively unhappy. Brand and model are secondary considerations to fit.

Find a suit that fits.

Good luck to you.

-Z

If it fits right, the Henderson brand has made suits that fit me very well and have been well constructed. But the thinnist I have used is a 5mm.

I am going to be another in a long list of people so far touting the Henderson wetsuits.
I have the 5mm Thermaxx line. I love it and I love the versatility of the 5mm thickness.

If I were buying new right now, I would be going with the Talon or the Greenprene- they come in 3mm, 5mm and 7mm:

Talon: Henderson Talon
  • Used by Militaries Around the World
  • Long Life and Service
  • Exclusive Fire Fleece Lining
  • Seams Double Glued, Blind Stitched Inside/Out
  • Back Zipper Entry w/Pull Tab Leash
The Greenprene: Henderson geenprene jumpsuit
  • Greenprene Sustainable, Insanely Warm
  • Provides Excellent UV Resistance
  • 100% Neoprene Free Foam
  • Significantly Lighter-In-Weight than Traditional Neoprene
  • Super Stretchy, Ultra-Durable Insulating Foam
I have not done any research on their Aqua Lock line, but at first glance, I would also put it into the equation for a new purchase.

I'm going to echo the person who said that if budget is really not an issue and you want the best possible suit, consider getting a tailored one from one of the companies that specialize custom wetsuits.

I'm going to echo the person who said that if budget is really not an issue and you want the best possible suit, consider getting a tailored one from one of the companies that specialize custom wetsuits.
I am not sure if it is still available but Henderson used to offer “custom” fit orders through their dealers on their Thermoprene line. I do know that they will add custom pockets if you work through a dealer. I do not know the cost.

Support is amazing. Had a rip in the back of my Talon (my fault...got snagged and pulled against a doubles bolt) and sent it in for repair. They charged me $0 for the repair and return shipping. I like their sizing also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom