Deep 6 wetsuits sold out now what to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a 3mm wet suit. Turns out Deep 6 is sold out of medium....what brand wet suit to look for now?

The brand that fits your body and matches your budget.

-Z

The brand that fits your body and matches your budget.

-Z
So all brands are the same? None are better than the others? Budget is up to $25,000 so I should be able to find a decent wet suit at that price limit?

I really like the Henderson TherMAXX line. Very comfortable and warm, and great selection of sizes which seem to be more accurate to US sizing, and they stand behind their warranty. The wetsuits are designed in the US but manufactured in China. If you want a Made in USA suit, they offer the Talon which is produced in the US by the same team that produces the wetsuits being purchased by the military and other government agencies.

I have also heard good things from others about the Akona wetsuits but I have no personal knowledge or experience.

Either of these should come in well under your $25K budget. :)

I really like the Henderson TherMAXX line. Very comfortable and warm, and great selection of sizes which seem to be more accurate to US sizing, and they stand behind their warranty. The wetsuits are designed in the US but manufactured in China. If you want a Made in USA suit, they offer the Talon which is produced in the US by the same team that produces the wetsuits being purchased by the military and other government agencies.

I have also heard good things from others about the Akona wetsuits but I have no personal knowledge or experience.

Either of these should come in well under your $25K budget. :)
Thanks for the informative post and thanks for catching on to my sarcasm!

If you want to save a few bucks, I have a mint SubGear size M that I I'd let you have for just 24... :D

And if you were really serious about that budget figure, then I would imagine that the recommendations would overwhelmingly lean towards "go custom." Argument over the best custom builder could ensue from there.

I don't think Zef meant to be unduly provocative. I think that you will get pertinent feedback if you lay out some parameters ...

What is your body like? ex. I'm 5'10", 190ish, long torsoed, longish armed, pretty much a M on the lower half and a L-XL through the shoulders. PITA to get a perfect one-piece anything.
What types of dives do you do?
Do you prefer a super-stretchy neoprene or something firmer?
Is ease of doffing/donning super-important. Ankle/Wrist zips for ex. (I chose a Waterproof for that among other reasons)
Front zip or back?
Do you need pockets? Willing to add them yourself if needed?

So all brands are the same? None are better than the others? Budget is up to $25,000 so I should be able to find a decent wet suit at that price limit?

Quality doesn't really matter if it does not fit properly. A lower quality suit with a superior fit is much better than a higher quality suit that fits poorly and is uncomfortable.

Even though your stated budget is sarcastic, you could go custom at a fraction of that dollar value.

You are going to get all sorts of recommendations to your query...the one two posts up says: "Bare is good"....but it tells you nothing of why it is good or which models in their line is good...and it doesn't tell you anything about whether it is good for you.

....it really does not matter what brand is good unless the brand has a suit that fits you properly and comfortably, and you are willing to accept the price.

Beyond that, all of the major manufacturers of dive gear are making good suits. Find one that fits you well and dive the crap out of it.

-Z

See tip #9 (@ 7:29) in this video:

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom