Deep 6 regulator and TDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can do tech with almost every DIN regulator. Deep6 is not sold here, but doesn't look wrong. I did my first real tech courses (cavern, intro to cave, full cave, advanced recreation trimix and normoxic trimix) with the aqualung Titan LX supreme. Wouldn't do it with the pistonregs like MK2 (hoserouting also) from scubapro, but the MK25 will work well.
Here it is important to have cold water regs.
So don't worry about deep6 regs.
Owning your own gear is best, but for advanced nitrox for example, renting a stagetank is not that issue. If you go deeper and further, yes, you will need to have the skills stable and easy made. So own gear is better.

Rebreather basic courses can be done on a rental unit. But I never seen normoxic ccr divers who don't own a rebreather. If you travel, yes you can rent a unit, but at home your own one is there.

I was considering intro to tech, decided its just better to do GUE Fundies in double. I rented everything except the harness and the backplate.

Why buy everything before? A reg set with DIR configuration is the same. If I could reccomend a good starting point for tech diving equipement, just follow GUE's requirements for gear.

Thank you all for answering my questions and giving me lots of valuable information and tips.
There's a lot to learn but it is very exciting to shop around and look at all the possibilities. Fortunately, I have a bit of time in front of me to see how I want to proceed, but your input will most certainly help a great deal !

Safe diving

Back
Top Bottom