Deep 6 equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imported from taiwan and rebranded

even if it is customized design by deep 6, it is still contract manufactured. still a subset of rebranding. same situation as the scubapro regs made by TUSA.

rebranded products are still products of the final brand company when sold at retail.

I'm sorry, but that is just not what rebranding is. Rebranding is where you take one complete product sold under brand A, and then invent a new brand B, and slap brand B's label on it. This can be done for a few reasons, like creating the appearance of diversity in a market, or distancing themselves from some bad public relationship with the first brand, or a whole bunch of other reasons. Sometimes the brands are owned by the same company, other times they are owned by cooperating companies, or even competing companies. As stated upthread Deep6 very much does do this with some of their products. But the regs, fins, wetsuits, and so on are not rebrands.

@Brett Hatch

from the wikipedia you linked:

Another form of product rebranding is the sale of a product manufactured by another company under a new name: an original design manufacturer is a company that manufactures a product, often in a location with lower operating costs, which is eventually branded by another firm for sale.

@Brett Hatch

from the wikipedia you linked:

Another form of product rebranding is the sale of a product manufactured by another company under a new name: an original design manufacturer is a company that manufactures a product, often in a location with lower operating costs, which is eventually branded by another firm for sale.

OK, yes, that is 100% correct. But the thing is, ODM is not the same thing as OEM. ODM is rebranding, OEM is not. Maybe this is where the confusion is coming from?

Edit: This blog post does a reasonable job of comparing and contrasting ODM and OEM: What's the Difference between ODM and OEM? - Guided Imports.

same as Apple can stamp Designed in California all it wants over their stuff, doesn't change their phones/laptops/ipads are made in China.

doesn't mean any of the product is bad. it is what it is.

the military divers beg to differ, the rescue swimmers much prefer the Eddy/Slipstreams for flutter kicking, though I admit that I wish that Deep6 would come out with a negatively buoyant version
I find the Eddie's extremely effective for flutter kicks and can tow my dive buddy against a strong Pacific current with ease.

To compare them to the rk3, I find the rk3 to be more agile and accelerate more quickly and with less effort, but with a much lower top speed. If comparing to a push bike, the eddies would be a 52 tooth front sprocket and the rk3 maybe a 32

I find the Eddie's extremely effective for flutter kicks and can tow my dive buddy against a strong Pacific current with ease.

To compare them to the rk3, I find the rk3 to be more agile and accelerate more quickly and with less effort, but with a much lower top speed. If comparing to a push bike, the eddies would be a 52 tooth front sprocket and the rk3 maybe a 32
so the RK3's are more like split fins than the Eddies :wink::poke::stirpot:

I will add to the chorus. I use the following deep6 products:

2 x signature regs
d6 dgx O2 regulator
Cannister Light
7mm wetsuit
3mm wetsuit
3+5 mm gloves

all have worked extremely well and their wetsuits (unfortunately discontinued) are absolutely the best. Their customer service is outstanding and they exemplify the adage of for divers by divers.

I will add to the chorus. I use the following deep6 products:

2 x signature regs
d6 dgx O2 regulator
Cannister Light
7mm wetsuit
3mm wetsuit
3+5 mm gloves

all have worked extremely well and their wetsuits (unfortunately discontinued) are absolutely the best. Their customer service is outstanding and they exemplify the adage of for divers by divers.
Same bits as @loosenit2 except I don’t have the 7mm wetsuit or the gloves.

Happy with my kit. Went through Zeagle and DR before landing on D6G.

Absolutely no one things they iPhone is a “rebranded” product, except for people who are obviously attempting to troll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom