Deep 6 equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have noticed many posts recently that recommend Deep 6 equipment. Where is this equipment made? Is it part of another company? Does everyone who uses deep 6 share the view that Deep 6 is to be recommended?

Deep6 is great. I dive a bunch of their stuff (regs, fins, wetsuit). Product quality, value, and support are top-notch. I do not know where their equipment is made or assembled -- my best guess would be overseas for the most part, but that is purely a guess. Some of their stuff is rebranded from other vendors (computers, drysuits), others are their design (fins, regs). As far as I know it's a small company which is not part of a bigger one, but I don't pretend to know the inner workings of their company.

I would recommend giving them a call, I think you'll find them to be pleasant, smart, and happy to answer your questions.

Best of luck, dive safe.

I have noticed many posts recently that recommend Deep 6 equipment. Where is this equipment made? Is it part of another company? Does everyone who uses deep 6 share the view that Deep 6 is to be recommended?

Most of the equipment is made in Taiwan in some of the largest scuba manufacturers in the world. They also make equipment for many other major brands including Atomic, Dive Rite, Oceanic, Hollis, HOG, etc. Their gear is customized for them and are not sold under any other companies branding. I.e. you can't go buy a Deep6 Signature regulator from anyone else
Deep6 is privately owned by several individuals,primarily @LandonL and @cerich
There are naysayers to every brand, including this one. What I know is that I own 5 sets of their regulators, several wetsuits, fins, and a bunch of other things that I purchased with my own money. I do not hesitate to recommend them and will continue to not only recommend them, but also purchase their equipment as I believe they are not only top quality products, but also represent the best value in the industry.

Most of the equipment is made in Taiwan in some of the largest scuba manufacturers in the world. They also make equipment for many other major brands including Atomic, Dive Rite, Oceanic, Hollis, HOG, etc. Their gear is customized for them and are not sold under any other companies branding. I.e. you can't go buy a Deep6 Signature regulator from anyone else
Deep6 is privately owned by several individuals,primarily @LandonL and @cerich
There are naysayers to every brand, including this one. What I know is that I own 5 sets of their regulators, several wetsuits, fins, and a bunch of other things that I purchased with my own money. I do not hesitate to recommend them and will continue to not only recommend them, but also purchase their equipment as I believe they are not only top quality products, but also represent the best value in the industry.
Ditto

Scubaboard members certainly cheerlead a bit with some of the smaller manufacturers that we like. Deep6 is probably the most prominent. However, that is not without reason. Deep6's rebranded stuff is nothing special per say, but generally is going to be offered for a good price and that pretty orange coloring. The actual Deep6 designs (namely the regs and fins) are more interesting. When Deep6 came out with their regs they were offering a top-quality cold water reg at something like half the price of a big-name manufacturer, plus Deep6 offered classes to teach you how to service your own regs. That appeals to many people on SB, which rather explains much of the enthusiasm. The prices have risen as Deep6 has grown, but are still good value for the quality of reg you are getting. Good value, top quality, and a responsive company is always a recipe for enthusiasm on this forum.

The Deep6 Eddy fins are standouts in quality. They have increased in price over the past few years (originally $100, now $150), but are still a bit less than other top-quality paddle-style fins and tend to beat other neutral buoyancy paddle fins when frog kicking divers are looking for new fins. That is not to say that they are the best for everyone, but rather among SB members who share their reviews, Eddys are disproportionate favorites.

So yes, you will see Deep6 as a favorite company here. It's gear always seems to be a solid choice that saves some money.

Honestly I have been happy with everything I have bought from them. I have about 90 dives on the regulators. 4-5 dives on the 3mm wetsuit. The fins are great with thin wetsuits. I wouldn’t hesitate to order most of the items off their website since they are well thought out designs at good prices. Everyone has their own opinions on good equipment and scubaboard has a very polarized opinion. It has done me well since I haven’t had to change gear since I started a couple years ago.

I just bought the Deep6 first and second stage signature series as well as an orange signature second stage octopus. I have never heard of them before. I also have Atomic M1's and have had in the past Mares, Apex, Zeagle (rebranded Apex), Poseidon, as well as Scubapro. I find the Deep6 every bit as good for half the price. I was going to get the Aqua Lung Elite Leg3nd for $899 plus an octopus. After I read SB and drank the Kool aid I am more than ecstatic that I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom