Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like MultiDeco for planning and gas mixing, but once I'm in the water I run the dive using my computers and gauges. Any plan is based on a set of assumptions. The actual dive can vary from them significantly in terms of maximum depth, time spent at specific depths, gas consumption, and so on. The computers and SPGs show the current states of deco obligation, time to surface, and available gas.

Its supposed purpose of controlling bubble growth and formation was tested in 2010 in a study headed by Ljobkovic. That study found that people following the VPM algorithm carefully had significantly high levels of both arterial and venous bubbles upon surfacing.

That's why they call it a bubble model :wink:.

The debate ...concerned the legitimacy of +7 as a conservatism level in VPM. Ross denied that it was legitimate because it produced a decompression approach that was uncomfortably (for him) similar to the deep stops profile used in the NEDU study. ... Ross chose to provide VPM conservatism levels up to +5 in his software ...

You used to be able to easily run +7 profiles in Ross's software. You had to use the "advanced features". But there you could specify a critical radius corresponding to the +7 setting (and higher). It's been a long time since I've used V-planner so that may have been removed.

You used to be able to easily run +7 profiles in Ross's software. You had to use the "advanced features". But there you could specify a critical radius corresponding to the +7 setting (and higher). It's been a long time since I've used V-planner so that may have been removed.
In MultiDeco, I see no way of running above +5, I may be missing it

In MultiDeco, I see not way of running above +5, I may be missing it
multideco doesnt have the "advanced" setting that v-planner offers (for VPM) which includes setting your own critical radii and all sorts of other details.

Its supposed purpose of controlling bubble growth and formation was tested in 2010 in a study headed by Ljobkovic.
My Google-fu isn't good enough that I can find the study. Do you by any chance have a more complete reference? The DOI would be great, if you have it.

My Google-fu isn't good enough that I can find the study. Do you by any chance have a more complete reference? The DOI would be great, if you have it.
Ljubkovic M, Marinovic J, Obad A, Breskovic T, Gaustad SE, Dujic Z. High incidence of venous and arterial gas emboli at rest after trimix diving without protocol violations. J Appl Physiol. 2010;109:1670-4.

I read it and referenced it in an article I am writing (but is currently on hold). For some reason, I am having trouble locating it on my computer. I do not have any more time for searching at the moment.

Beginner V-Planner question.... I just downloaded trial. It won't display a dive plan if I use anything above 50% on deco gas. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't find any troubleshooting info on their website.

Beginner V-Planner question.... I just downloaded trial. It won't display a dive plan if I use anything above 50% on deco gas. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't find any troubleshooting info on their website.

I can't remember for sure, but I believe the trial version of V-Planner is limited in terms of gas mixes you can use. It's part of the motivation to buy the full-fat version.

Having said that, if you want to purchase software from Ross H, I recommend heavily against V-Planner. I suggest you, instead purchase MultiDeco, as it seems to have all the features of VPlanner you could want AND Buhlmann-compatibility. The two programs are also the same price, so why not get the more capable program?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom