Deco Planning Software/App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalticDeco is nice but I wonder about long term support.

MultiDeco has a weird UI but it’s all well tested and popular.

I'm currently going through ANDP and it's a LOT of good information. I recently completed the section about planning software. The recommendation is V Planner
I was a TDI instructor when they updated the program and pretty much went all in for VPM and V-Planner. That was just before the deep stop rage ran out and people started to run away from VPM. I am curious to see if your instructor is recommending it.

If you are still sold on V-Planner, it is one of the choices in Multi-deco--same author, same company.

So I was not ready yet to share this with everyone on ScubaBoard yet, mostly because well the European mind cannot comprehend "Freedom Units" :wink:, anyhow... I just released a completely new decompression planner for both Android & iOS named: Abysner. I was extremely fed up with V-Planner and MultiDeco etc., because well simply put the UI is horrific, and the pricing extreme (these are opinions). So I decided to create something myself, with a better and friendlier UI and UX, but also cheaper, free (not gratis) and most importantly open-source. I also wanted this planner to be quick and simple, yet allow for some customization.

Like mentioned, no support for PSI/Feet and no CCR yet. However if you like metric this will get you pretty far on OC, and I'm not asking much for it's official releases on the App Store and Play Store, just 99 cent. Believe me the time spent on this is something I will probably never get back.

Android: Google Play
iOS: ‎App Store

Source code: GitHub - NeoTech-Software/Abysner

Since I'm probably not allowed to advertise here on the forum? I'm willing to share some redeemable codes so you can get it for free. However, since it is opensource you could also compile your own copy if you are a bit techsavy.

So I was not ready yet to share this with everyone on ScubaBoard yet, mostly because well the European mind cannot comprehend "Freedom Units" :wink:, anyhow... I just released a completely new decompression planner for both Android & iOS named: Abysner. I was extremely fed up with V-Planner and MultiDeco etc., because well simply put the UI is horrific, and the pricing extreme (these are opinions). So I decided to create something myself, with a better and friendlier UI and UX, but also cheaper, free (not gratis) and most importantly open-source. I also wanted this planner to be quick and simple, yet allow for some customization.

Like mentioned, no support for PSI/Feet and no CCR yet. However if you like metric this will get you pretty far on OC, and I'm not asking much for it's official releases on the App Store and Play Store, just 99 cent. Believe me the time spent on this is something I will probably never get back.

Android: Google Play
iOS: ‎App Store

Source code: GitHub - NeoTech-Software/Abysner

Since I'm probably not allowed to advertise here on the forum? I'm willing to share some redeemable codes so you can get it for free. However, since it is opensource you could also compile your own copy if you are a bit techsavy.
Nice work! I definitely like the UI so far

I was a TDI instructor when they updated the program and pretty much went all in for VPM and V-Planner. That was just before the deep stop rage ran out and people started to run away from VPM. I am curious to see if your instructor is recommending it.

If you are still sold on V-Planner, it is one of the choices in Multi-deco--same author, same company.
Very interesting, thanks for the history tidbit! I took ANDP somewhat recently, and my instructor told me to ignore all the deep stop/VPM/V-Planner stuff in the eLearning. I’m familiar with the more current thinking, and was genuinely surprised to see it in there.

Very interesting, thanks for the history tidbit! I took ANDP somewhat recently, and my instructor told me to ignore all the deep stop/VPM/V-Planner stuff in the eLearning. I’m familiar with the more current thinking, and was genuinely surprised to see it in there.
I was TDI trained on the older course materials, which were pretty feeble, to be honest. Then I became a TDI instructor. Mark Powell wrote Deco for Divers, which was a big hit. Then TDI came out with its new courses, and much of it came directly out of Deco for Divers.

Mark is very much in the TDI hierarchy. He was also very much sold on V-Planner and VPM. It was only a few years ago that he came out and said that the deep stop philosophy had people stopping too deep.

@boulderjohn V-planner is mentioned in the e-Learning module. I just finished it a few hours ago, so when I finally meet the instructor, I'll make sure and ask his thoughts.
So far based on the responses Vplanner is OUT. For now I'll look into Multi View and possibly the GUE program as well.

@boulderjohn V-planner is mentioned in the e-Learning module. I just finished it a few hours ago, so when I finally meet the instructor, I'll make sure and ask his thoughts.
So far based on the responses Vplanner is OUT. For now I'll look into Multi View and possibly the GUE program as well.
Well, besides the 1980 ui design, vplanner is „out“ since VPM algorithm is „out“ for a while as a good algo to plan deco stops with..
Be sure to discuss Deep stops (and why they are not favorable nowadays) with your instructor more importantly

Talk to your instructor as well (if he doesn’t bring it up already anyway) about ZHL-16 algorithm and gradient factors (GF)

If you wanna jump into it you might wanna give the awesome lecture by @Dr Simon Mitchell listed here a watch for more info about the implications of each of these choices (and why an algo like VPM would unfavorable)
This presentation is worth watching. A bit old now, but I’m not aware of anything contradictory yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom