Deco planner software recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pavao

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the best out there right now, is V-planner still considered the best? I’m aware of Ross H. debating decompression research here and anywhere actually, but I’m hoping his rubbing off people the wrong way doesn’t influence your recommendation of his product, as I understand it, it isn’t affect by his views.

I’m looking to download something right now, I see most are on the $20 or less range, then there’s V-planner and multideco at $45, or both for $55

There’s some free ones too, I see Subsurface mentioned a few times, but the only one I could find seems to be a log keeping software

I’ll be using it on IPad and iPhone, obviously if I’m buying I need to pay once and be able to use it on both devices

Being able to get the plan printed out to stick on a wetnote is a big plus

The price isn’t a factor at all, if the $55 bundle of just one of the 2 for $45 gives the best features, I’d be happy to pay for it

Só, what do you guys recommend?

TIA

I use subsurface and love it, however I use it on my PC and I’m not sure about the iphone version. I spent along time looking at different software and like this the best. It does, like all of them, take some time getting used to and figuring out the correct way to use.

Yeah, doesn’t look like subsurface is available for IOS, so that’s out then

I have Baltic Deco and PastoDeco.
From an application standpoint Ross's apps are great. I have a couple buddies that use it, but I can't
bring myself to using it. He rubs me the wrong way.
There I said it.

If Sub Surface would make a planning app, I'd seriously look at it based on their desktop version success. You hearing us Sub Surface?

I’ve not used it for actual dive planning, but I have MultiDeco on my iPhone and like it. I know a number of divers who use it.

Ideco works pretty good. But I’m unaware of a way to use it to generate tables.

DecoPlanner isn’t pretty but it does work and will make tables.

Multi Deco seems popular, I haven’t personally used it, unsure if it’ll generate tables.

Ideco works pretty good. But I’m unaware of a way to use it to generate tables.

DecoPlanner isn’t pretty but it does work and will make tables.

Multi Deco seems popular, I haven’t personally used it, unsure if it’ll generate tables.
I had ideco, still do actually, but when I try to open it, says “The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11” I’ve had that message come up whenever trying to open it for a long time, as I remember, you were able to email the plan I think, I guess from there you could print it.

I have DecoPlanner, the CD is somewhere, I’m hoping to get something for the mobile devices

I had ideco, still do actually, but when I try to open it, says “The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11” I’ve had that message come up whenever trying to open it for a long time, as I remember, you were able to email the plan I think, I guess from there you could print it.

I have DecoPlanner, the CD is somewhere, I’m hoping to get something for the mobile devices
I actually have ideco pro. Not sure if that matters.

DecoPlanner will generate proper tables. Like 160ft with times from say 20mins up to 60mins in 10min intervals. Super handy to have on hand for dive planning.

I actually have ideco pro. Not sure if that matters.

DecoPlanner will generate proper tables. Like 160ft with times from say 20mins up to 60mins in 10min intervals. Super handy to have on hand for dive planning.
Ah, I see, I guess the developer might just have given up on the free version, the App Store only shows the ideco pro version now, at $9 bucks it’s worth a try.

I guess I could use DecoPlanner on my laptop to generate a series of tables for the more common profiles, print them out and use as needed, it’s kind of what I have on my wetnotes right now, but hand written

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom