Decisions decisions, what to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can't get a UW housing then it could've the best reviewed camera but it is worthless as an UW camera. Just saying.

[/QUOTE]Burhan, I was referring to the "D3200, really?" comments. I would still like to know why one thinks ot is a bad choice, it got good reviews.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the reasons I am attracted to the em5 although I LOVED my Nauticam XZ1 housing, it didn't feel like a toy compared to the oly housing.

---------- Post Merged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Burhan, I was referring to the "D3200, really?" comments. I would still like to know why one thinks ot is a bad choice, it got good reviews.

It would probably be a great intro DSLR U/W Camera if there were any U/W housings for it but there aren't any as far as I know.

Sorry my opinion on the D3200 was based on available housings, not the camera itself, in fact I bought my daughter one.

I have many Nikon cameras, for me to change would be unaffordable.

I can get my D300 housing with two ports, two strobes, arms + other miscellaneous bits along with a couple of T-shirts and underwear into my Pelican 1510

IMG_0904C.jpg

The range of lenses will expand for the mirrorless cameras for sure, however as Rusti999 says an optical viewfinder is certainly an advantage, I have had two compact cameras LCD screens fail on me rendering them useless

Sorry my opinion on the D3200 was based on available housings, not the camera itself, in fact I bought my daughter one.

I have many Nikon cameras, for me to change would be unaffordable.

I can get my D300 housing with two ports, two strobes, arms + other miscellaneous bits along with a couple of T-shirts and underwear into my Pelican 1510

IMG_0904C.jpg

The range of lenses will expand for the mirrorless cameras for sure, however as Rusti999 says an optical viewfinder is certainly an advantage, I have had two compact cameras LCD screens fail on me rendering them useless

Searcaigh,

Do you leave the camera mounted in the housing when you travel with it in the case?

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Ikelite 6801.32 for D3200 now what?

Note from the Ikelite housing page:

"Optically triggered strobes are not compatible with this installation."

Underwater Housing for Nikon D3200

I have an A65 and I love it. The housing is around $1500 so I haven't taken it under water. However I thinks it's bit the camera but how u use it :)

I found the following when I was reading a Nikon D3200 review, what does the limitations indicated mean in terms of lens choice and other factors?

"As usual for Nikons at this level, the D3200 doesn't feature a built-in focus motor, and nor does it offer auto exposure bracketing. It also features a simplified version of the Active D-Lighting function that is now common across Nikon's DSLR range."

Here is the link:

Nikon D3200 Review: Digital Photography Review

Can anyone please clarify what the bit about the D3200 not having a "built-in focus motor" mean and the implications of the absence of this feature?

Last edited:
Searcaigh,

Do you leave the camera mounted in the housing when you travel with it in the case?

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Cameras and lenses go in a LowePro backpack, still with room for more clothes too leaving all my dive gear for a suitcase

IMG_0495MB.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I have carried the housing with camera in situ on a trip to Jeddah last year in another backpack, along with strobes and arms, took the main O ring off the housing though to avoid possible problems

I read about the D3200 yesterday more in depth and although it is a good novice camera the fact that it does not have an AF motor in the body takes it off my list. I have narrowed it down further and now I am looking at these, Olympus OM-D EM-5, NIKON D7000, CANON T3/4i and Sony a65 as all can be had camera and housing for close to the same money. One of my questions is also what are the best all around lenses respectivly. Thanks for all the opinions so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom