Deciding which computer.....help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Major_rage

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So we have been leaning toward the deep6 excursion especially with it being on sale right now for $200. However the peregrine is also one that we've been looking at. Keep in mind we are having to buy 2 at the same time. Neither of us plan on going into tech diving. She is just getting her OW and im starting my advanced. Would the excursion be enough for us or is it worth spending the extra 250 for each peregrine? Any thoughts on the deep6 excursion and peregrine would be extremely helpful.

There are 3 relatively inexpensive computers running Buhlmann. The Excursion is at a great price of $200. Handles deco a bit oddly, might not be at all important to you. The Atmos Mission One is on sale for $310. The Peregrine will cost you the $450.

In addition, the Oceanic Geo 4, running DSAT, is currently on sale for $300, a really nice computer

The display of the Perigrine will be much easier to read but the excursion you can use are a regular watch.

Really a matter of preference here both are fine computers

I have a mission one and a perdix. Rec dive profile wise, they are almost identical, even on repetitive dives. The M1 is a good deal for $309. I have been wearing the M1 daily, reading my text messages and email is convenient and it's about the same size as the GShock I normally wear. The GPS has been convenient for spearfishing too.

Get the D6 Excursion.

I like my Peregrine, but if you’re just getting going and having to buy a lot of gear (I’ve noticed your other threads) and money is tight...I’d say get one of the two less expensive options for now. Later on, you can always upgrade if desired when some $$$ frees up.

So we have been leaning toward the deep6 excursion especially with it being on sale right now for $200. However the peregrine is also one that we've been looking at. Keep in mind we are having to buy 2 at the same time. Neither of us plan on going into tech diving. She is just getting her OW and im starting my advanced. Would the excursion be enough for us or is it worth spending the extra 250 for each peregrine? Any thoughts on the deep6 excursion and peregrine would be extremely helpful.
I believe in redundancy even in recreational diving because I have experienced computer failure under water twice. NO big deal but I have to call the dive rather than staying above my buddy.
My suggestion: 2 Deep 6 Excursion and 2 other cheapo for both of you.
I won't pay more than $250.00 for any computer for rec dive.

I really appreciate all the response. Yeah having to start over with all new gear adds up rather quick..lol I think the excursion will do everything we need for now and even works as backup if and when we decide to get another. Far to many choices. Gets overwhelming rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom