Deciding which computer.....help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we have been leaning toward the deep6 excursion especially with it being on sale right now for $200. However the peregrine is also one that we've been looking at. Keep in mind we are having to buy 2 at the same time. Neither of us plan on going into tech diving. She is just getting her OW and im starting my advanced. Would the excursion be enough for us or is it worth spending the extra 250 for each peregrine? Any thoughts on the deep6 excursion and peregrine would be extremely helpful.
I have a couple of Shearwater computers but I am not a fan as they are generally expensive. SB people like to push the most expensive thing constantly. For entry level I would recommend something like a Zoop or the equivalent Aqualung. I would even recommend an Oceanic before the Deep 6 despite thinking Oceanic are a bunch of robbing bastards due to some failed regulators. If you think your choices does come down to the Peregrine vs the Excursion then certainly buy the Peregrine. It is a completely capable computer. It only lacks CCR and Trimix and diving those is so expensive the cost of replacing the Peregrine would be lost in the noise.

Deep 6 stuff is not for sale where I live and I was banned from the main Excursion thread presumably because I called into question their understanding of software development, so take my views with a grain of salt,

The Deep6 Excursion is a hell of a deal at $199. I just used mine for Nitrox class last week and it's pretty darn easy to use. You do need to pay attention to the accidental deco process if you exceed NDL. It's not intuitive, but easy to understand once you read the directions and understand what its telling you.

The Deep6 Excursion is a hell of a deal at $199. I just used mine for Nitrox class last week and it's pretty darn easy to use. You do need to pay attention to the accidental deco process if you exceed NDL. It's not intuitive, but easy to understand once you read the directions and understand what its telling you.

Yeah RTFM and understanding what your dive computer is telling you is key. I had a Sunnto Vyper which was fine but the pressure sensor failed. I do not wear a watch do bought a Perdix which I is a great dive computer but out or price range for many divers.

My son bought a D4 second hand from a friend who bought a Garmin. Each to their own. If money is not an issue then lots of good dive computers to choose from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom