December roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply’s. We were just there three weeks ago and the weather was fantastic albeit a tad hot.
You're from Wisconsin? Yeah, it'd seem hot to you. You should love December. I like the cooler weather there in August compared to anyplace in Texas. According to WeatherUnderground records from the airport...

Last month the highest was 91°F and the lowest was 70°F one night.
sept.JPG

Last December the highest two days were 86°F and the lowest was 61°F one night. Weather is unpredictable long-range and the extremes could be different, but that's one view. I think that differences are more significant in the water as the current brings new water is from Africa, but the recent history of the water is from Central America so it'll still be pretty warm. One Christmas in Florida were were glad that we took our heavy suits, but this same current spends a lot of time along the northern Gulf of Mexico before it hits the Florida Straits so loses some heat. Sorry did you ask for the time, and I explained how a watch is made?
dec.JPG

$90 one way Stewart NY to CZM January 10th 2022 on Frontier. I’ve never seen them into or out of SWF?..This would be great as I’m a few miles from SWF! In 20 years only flew out of there once.

$90 one way Stewart NY to CZM January 10th 2022 on Frontier. I’ve never seen them into or out of SWF?
Fridays only with a 23 hour layover in Orlando? They don't seem to have a CZM to SWF until January 8.

You're from Wisconsin? Yeah, it'd seem hot to you. You should love December. I like the cooler weather there in August compared to anyplace in Texas. According to WeatherUnderground records from the airport...

Last month the highest was 91°F and the lowest was 70°F one night.
View attachment 685611

Last December the highest two days were 86°F and the lowest was 61°F one night. Weather is unpredictable long-range and the extremes could be different, but that's one view. I think that differences are more significant in the water as the current brings new water is from Africa, but the recent history of the water is from Central America so it'll still be pretty warm. One Christmas in Florida were were glad that we took our heavy suits, but this same current spends a lot of time along the northern Gulf of Mexico before it hits the Florida Straits so loses some heat. Sorry did you ask for the time, and I explained how a watch is made?
View attachment 685613
Nope…. Information is king.

$90 one way Stewart NY to CZM January 10th 2022 on Frontier. I’ve never seen them into or out of SWF?..This would be great as I’m a few miles from SWF! In 20 years only flew out of there once.
Wow! We lived by that airport for many years. It was disappointing when Delta stopped flying from SWF to ATL. I was possible to fly almost anywhere easily from there including Cozumel. Now the choices are just Florida. Hopefully Frontier will make that Airport much more useful for folks in the area.

Thanks for the reply’s. We were just there three weeks ago and the weather was fantastic albeit a tad hot. Should be really nice if it’s a bit cooler in early December. Good advice on doubling up dives if forecast looks windy.

You're gonna find December is VERY different from September weather wise.

You're gonna find December is VERY different from September weather wise.
VERY different? The feeling I’m getting is highs in the low to mid 80’s instead of the upper 80’s and maybe a day or two of north winds. Doesn’t seem that drastic unless I missed something?

We usually go the week prior Xmas and it’s always been delightful...lucky us.

My husband and I will be there December 26th- January 3rd. Staying at Casa del Mar and diving Cozumel Marine World.

VERY different? The feeling I’m getting is highs in the low to mid 80’s instead of the upper 80’s and maybe a day or two of north winds. Doesn’t seem that drastic unless I missed something?
As I tell my wife sometimes, it's not the temperature it's the humidity. The dew point is in the 70's in September and 60's in Dec. That coupled with 5 - 10 deg makes a big difference. We go end of Nov through Mid Dec (2 weeks) for 10 years now. Did Sept once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom