December roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Not my preferred month to visit, I was just down there in August to dive my BD, but on a lark I checked LBB-CZM fares for December and was blown away with fares of $364 - $200 cheaper than last summer, and I had a $150 voucher with that airline from July's failure getting me to Roatan on the right day! I shared my findings on FB, several friends said GO, my daughter approved (surprised me as she had recently mentioned that I was doing a lot of trips lately, but there is that SHE factor). My favorite cheap hotel even gave me nice $29/night rates. I always take Trip Insurance when I leave the US, and at my age that can be so expensive, but I looked at DAN's Trip Insurance, found it comparable to the company I'd used for years, and saved 40+%. I gave myself 24 hours to talk myself out of it - and failed. ✈️

December 8-15: Diving with Salty Endeavors, sleeping at Mary Carmen's. :cool:

Who else is going in December...??

Dec 3-12, staying at Allegro, probably diving with Scuba Shack

We haven't done the AI thing in about 7 years but syncing up with friends doing a shop trip.

Scored BE fare for $267 RT.

Flying down on Christmas Day (great deal on ATL to CUN bag drag, under $250 on Frontier) and flying out on New Year's Day. Hoping not to get blown out of diving too much (I believe last time with a similar schedule we lost 2 days, but did do cenotes one day).

Name............................Date.........................Staying At.................Dive Op
don98..................................11/25 - 12/4 .............. Casa Mexicana .............. 3P
ReefHound........................12/3 - 12/12 .............. Allegro............................... Scuba Shack?
DandyDon.........................12/8 - 12/15 .............. Mary Carmen.................. Salty Endeavors
Rob9876+1D+3ND........12/25 - 1/1...................Condo?............................. 3P

Name............................Date.........................Staying At.................Dive Op
Mantaman.........................10/21 - 12/2?...............Casa................................... 3P
jbjclj (Jay & Cheryl)........10/23 - 12/4 ................Villa Las Anclas ............. 3P
don98..................................11/25 - 12/4 .............. Casa Mexicana .............. 3P
NDL_Diver+wife..............11/27 - 12/18..............Condo North................... Aldora
ReefHound........................12/3 - 12/12 .............. Allegro............................... Scuba Shack?
DandyDon.........................12/8 - 12/15 .............. Mary Carmen.................. Salty Endeavors
Rob9876+1D+3ND........12/25 - 1/1...................Condo?............................. 3P

Diving with Salty Endeavors December 4-11, airfare was really really good. A little concerned about weather conditions though as I have only been to coz in springtime and early fall. Any thoughts on what to expect in early December?

We'll be there.

Grateful... Could be hot, could be chilly by Coz standard Dec. weather, could be windy with a Norte for a few days that closes the port. Odds are in your favor that the weather will be great and you'll get all of your diving in. Regardless of what's going on top side, the water should be around 81-82 in early DEC so who cares? You are gonna love traveling to Coz and diving in December as it is like an extension of our summer (living in VA Beach) and as you are coming from WI... Well, when you walk off that plane and that heat and humidity hits you it will certainly put a smile on your face. ; )

Mantaman.........................10/21 - 12/2?...............Casa................................... 3P
jbjclj (Jay & Cheryl)........10/23 - 12/4 ................Villa Las Anclas ............. 3P
NDL_Diver+wife..............11/27 - 12/18..............Condo North................... Aldora
Grateful...............................12/4 - 12/11................?.....................................Salty Endeavors
Deepsea21.......................12/3 - 12/25................Casa Mexicana..............3P

Diving with Salty Endeavors December 4-11, airfare was really really good. A little concerned about weather conditions though as I have only been to coz in springtime and early fall. Any thoughts on what to expect in early December?
Maybe I'll see you on the boat on the 9th, unless he has several boats going. Deepsea21's appraisal of the weather sounds right. I just pack a 1 mil long for summer but will also bring my 3 mil shorty just in case I want to wear it over. I'll bring the jacket that I wear to the airport just in case, but probably not use it.

I've been several times in December and have always lost one or two days but never 3 or more. Locals like to use Windguru for the weather because it's really all about the wind. I also like Windfinder. My advice would be to look at their forecasts starting a few days before you arrive and if it looks like it will get rough later in your week then you can see about doubling up (morning trip and afternoon trip) if you want to get in all your dives. If it's rough at the front of the week and lose some days then you can double up later in the week. Some people just want 2 tanks per day and if they lose days they will spend them drinking or shopping. But some want to their x number of dives or trips. In my experience, when you have an el norte and lose a few days, there will be plenty of others looking to make up some trips too,

Thanks for the reply’s. We were just there three weeks ago and the weather was fantastic albeit a tad hot. Should be really nice if it’s a bit cooler in early December. Good advice on doubling up dives if forecast looks windy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom