December Meet & Greet ideas...

Multiple Choice - Please choose date and location preference!

• Thursday Dec 11th - 6:30pm

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Saturday Dec 13th - 9am

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Thursday Dec 18th - 6:30pm

• Saturday Dec 20th - 9am

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Dive & Potluck at Lake Pleasant

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Desert Ridge

• Tempe MarketPlace

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Biltmore Area - 24th Street and Camelback

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Aloha!

I know, I know, we're barely winding down from Novembers Meet & Greet, but I would like for everyones input on Decembers, so I can start planning.

With December being so crazy with the holiday, and friends and family in town, or us traveling, it may not be feasible for most, but please vote, so we can put something together for everyone to meet again.

We can do the regular Happy Hour Meet & Greet, and get together for dinner and drinks...

or

We can all head out to the lake for some morning dives, and a lunch time potluck.

Some ideas are:

• Bring your own Meat
  • Bring a Potluck side dish for the group to share
  • Possibly a $5.00 white elephant gift exchange if anyone would like to participate
  • Bring some chairs and blankets
  • Maybe toss around a football
  • Listen to some music
  • and DIVE for those that would like.

This would be a family friendly event, so bring the kids, and your non-diving buddies.

Wow, you're already on to the next one, huh? That's impressive. I really want to go to this one, so I hope things work out. I vote for Thursday the 18th, because all my finals are on December 11th and I definitely can't miss those. I would love to do some diving though, if you guys are going to the lake. I'm glad you guys had fun on the last one!

I voted for the 13th @ the lake... Divers diving together- seems like a good thing to me! Besides, I think I can actually make a meet and greet that day!

Well it looks like the 13 Dec at the lake may be the best bet. Remember it's cold though!

I need some thoughts on what would work best for everyone?

I can bring 2 18x18 grills and 4 large coolers. I have a large canopy. I have a generator to keep any crockpots going if need be.

Would ya'll be up for bringing your own meat?
Would you like it to be a potluck, or have everyone responsible to feed themselves if theyre hungry?
Who would be interested in a $5 white elephant gift exchange?

Well it looks like the 13 Dec at the lake may be the best bet. Remember it's cold though!

I need some thoughts on what would work best for everyone?

I can bring 2 18x18 grills and 4 large coolers. I have a large canopy. I have a generator to keep any crockpots going if need be.

Would ya'll be up for bringing your own meat?
Would you like it to be a potluck, or have everyone responsible to feed themselves if theyre hungry?
Who would be interested in a $5 white elephant gift exchange?

Since I'll probably be diving that day anyway (as well as the Saturday before and the Saturday after :shakehead:) I think it would be great to have a cookout. I'll bring some hot dogs and burgers and I have a small camp grill. I'm leaning toward "bring you own" plus some extra for sharing so nobody is left out. I'll also bring cookies because, well, I always bring cookies when I go diving. :D

See all y'all there...BTW, where at the lake should we congregate? East side or west side? Vista Point? DT? Beismeyer Point? Spillway? Spring Canyon Landing (over by the dry dock area)? So many dive sites, so little time.

Steve.

Steve, I'd assume the west side will have the easiest shore access for the most people.. I'd suggest the point, maybe a hunt for George Washington?

I like Vista Point for diving, however not sure how many people it could handle.
We could do DT road, more room; less visibility.
Let's do head count a couple of days before and decide then.

jcf

Back
Top Bottom