Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the list of people not diving tomorrow.. some won't be diving at sunrise, others wont be diving until 9-9:30ish
Me
MikeJacobs
Marvel??
Kosh
KBeck
dive4funOften
dutchfin
CBulla...canceled :(
8buck??
BigSage136
Klausbh
H20Joe
John and his son

Fred wish you could join our nondive...'cept I think you no like the smell of garlic!

MIke has the turkey stew on, Krista is bringing burgers, I have sweets in the oven now. Mike do you have plates, dishes, plastic ware? anybody want to bring some? Anybody else joining our nondive?

Have to stay close to home this weekend.
But you guys have.
Maybe next time.
I'll place the order for good weather way ahead of time.
You DO know they listen to me.
Fred

its tooo bad no one is diving on Sat morning since I have to work for a few hours and make some money that I dont have.

Mike, what time for Sunday to hit the waters, I will be avail for that day.

There sure are a lot of em out there blowing bubbles. Sunrise was cool!. Temps nice, water 73f. Surf is managable 2-4 with some 5's just b4 the sand bar. Everybody took it in stride and are going out for more so if you have been wanting to get wet its a great time. Viz is about 30 - 40'. Wind is picking up and probably will continue as the sun climbs.

Safe diving=-)

Everyone that did came today to the non-dive garlic hanging party I had a blast! It was worth the 8 hour drive to get to know you all a little better.

Thank you Mike and Jenny! You guys are just awesome and yes I have decided that I am moving down there!

Yes, it was awesome but we missed you and Theresa when we returned after #3.

What a great day! I think Daryl (sp?) was the only one to make all three dives. Krista, bring him again. The last was pleasant with a full wet suit. We saw yet another turtle and that wall of snook at the ... um ... snook place (wink).

I borrowed an aluminum 80 from Krista for my second dive because my second tank was... um... someplace else (lol), which screwed up my weight. I was too light until Greg handed me a big chunk of concrete underwater. So, I carried the concrete around the first half of the dive until Greg decided he needed more weight and we traded a 2# for the brick. I became too light again, but at the ... um... snook place we picked up about 5# of sinkers and I stuffed them everywhere.

I think we had eaten too much for that third dive. We should have joined the others for nap time instead.

Well, off to sleep after a busy day. Thanks for coming by, everybody - you really made my weekend.

Great day! Thanks Mike for your generous hospitality and the possibillity to meet other conch divers. Like Ann, I agree it was well worth the drive, though I think I would try to come down a day ahead the next time. Great diving with great ppl. doesn't get any better than that. Thanks

I am so glad the weather cooperated for the non diving party. The wind actually improved during the day, tho the vis dropped. Was neat meeting all the new folks, diving with them and hearing dive tales from different places.

Mike, thanks a bunch for your hospitiality, You Rock! Had fun "fencing" with you, and diving in the snook place. There were a bunch of em!

Total dive times of the three dives: (nobody did all three, some did 2, a couple folks did one)
Dive 1 1hr. 29 min
Dive 2 1hr. 25 min
Dive 3 1hr. 12 min

Daryl, it was good seeing ya, Klaus, Joe, Rick, Ann, Theresa, nice meeting ya and hope to dive with a again.

Good thing we did this yesterday - the white caps are up, wind is up, and surf is building. Looks like a strong north current today. Besides I want to watch the Bagdad Bully get booked on Fox & CNN lol...

Just a note - for anybody who wants to come down a day before, the Holiday Inn and other little motels around here are not terribly expensive and have free parking. In fact, not as a suggestion but as an observation, when classes come here they park at Holiday Inn & put a "Scuba School & Dive Center" bumpter sticker on their dashboard. This probably won't work on a busy summer day tho...

Thanks again, all - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the day.

A big thank you to everyone this weekend. Mike your generosity was above and beyond. Krista, thank you so much for the airport runs and giving me room and board for the weekend.

I enjoyed meeting and revisiting everyone this weekend including (but not limited to b/c I probably left off someone's name)
MikeJacobs, KBeck, scuba_jenny, dive4funOften, dutchfin, Klausbh,
H20Joe and Mike's neighbor Greg. I will say I got in 4 good dives while in South Florida. I'm really beat tonight, so I will put more coherent thoughts together tomorrow either in this thread or start a new one with a trip report.

Daryl

Oh yes Jenny, IOU $4.00. As Jack Burton always says "The check is in the mail." Well not yet but... :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom