Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1 once bubbled...
To halt all production of wind for a 5 hour period starting at 6 am
on Sat. They said they would do their best to try:)
Hope you guys have a ball.
Fred

Oh thank you master! I am sure if we were diving we would appreciate it more... and those around us would quit complaining about the garlic necklaces!

OH shucks... looks like Ft Lauderdals is out for me tomorrow.. yup.. I am going to dive Sanibel.. yeah, thats it! I hear there is lots of interesting wildlife in sands of the renourished island that keep running back to the seas.. yeah... thats it! Sanible.. going no where near Ft Lauderdale around the early am hours.....

I think they're going to get you anyway. They responded to my request and they said they couldn't give us both a good day and because I asked first they would make the west coast good weather for Sat. Besides they said I have the most toys so I win.
Fred

From what I remember from when I was a scout (long time ago) the wind picks up when the sun comes up. If I was doing a sunrise dive (which I'm not), there would be no wind until after I surfaced???????

Daryl and I went out this morning to Boynton Beach.

I, as the oh so wise Floridian, chose to partake in several Dramamine, with that 3-5 ft. seas forecast looming in my head.....

We hit the boat at 10 am to a slightly chilly but sunny morning. Pulling out of the inlet, the great surprise was to see perfect, flat seas. YAY! (Ahem, fgray....)

We had two great dives, ending on Horsehose reef in Boynton, spotting not one or two, but four GIANT Southern Stingrays hanging out in the sand--several were a good 5 + feet long (I hovered directly over them to verify!). Many more creatures were to be found...water was just a bit chilly, but manageable!

So, can't wait to head out tomorrow and catch up with everyone! See ya in the morning.....but only AFTER the sun is up!!

Mike, why didn't you tell us earlier about your proximity to the boat parade?? :D .......though we may crash your house for showers before we head out to our nice "fancy" restaurant for viewing the parade!

We'll be bringing some Hamburgers for grilling after as well (sorry, no time to make some salsa!).

See ya in the AM!

I sure hope the 9:30 dive is still on, because I'm coming. I don't have internet access at home, so please send out a warning real quick if I'm wasting my time. Unless I see something within an hour or so, I'll follow scuba_jenny's instructions from page 4-ish and aim for 9:00am

And if someone were considering diving its beautiful. Too bad we
are'nt doing anything tom.:rolleyes:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom