Death of my Son, I need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It probably sounds juvenile, but something so little spoke to me at the time I was desperate to feel different.
When I told my now husband about losing my dad a year after he died he simply said "that sucks so much." It WAS juvenile and maybe even insensitive, but I think I was just so sick of hearing all the fluffy talk of grief and how I was supposed to be feeling and acting and coping...it just felt so good to have someone bluntly say, that sucks. It stopped me dead in my tracks. Maybe it was just an instant of shock value, but I just really appreciated that millisecond of a break from it all.

I wish I had something of substance or help to offer... but I don’t know what to say except that I’m so terribly sorry for your loss, and that I genuinely admire your strength and courage. I hope in your passions such as diving that you find solace and peace.

Can you message me how to reach you? I haven't logged on in years and tried to send you a conversation, but it looks like there was a problem sending it. Or maybe you got it.

This month Brian would have turned 18. I can't believe how hard this month has been. Don't admire my "strength and courage". I have neither. I plug away because I have three more children that shouldn't have to face more loss. If it weren't for that, I'd be dead or in jail. Frankly, that's my daily battle, staying out of the ground and out of prison. I did buy family plots when Brian died, so I have that going for me at least.

Anyway, this all sucks. Some days it's more than I can bear and I don't even make it out of bed.

This month Brian would have turned 18. I can't believe how hard this month has been. Don't admire my "strength and courage". I have neither. I plug away because I have three more children that shouldn't have to face more loss. If it weren't for that, I'd be dead or in jail. Frankly, that's my daily battle, staying out of the ground and out of prison. I did buy family plots when Brian died, so I have that going for me at least.

Anyway, this all sucks. Some days it's more than I can bear and I don't even make it out of bed.
I don't not respond because I don't care, I don't respond because I have nothing to comfort you with, except the knowledge that I care.

1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute and 1 second at a time.

I have got nothing that will bring comfort.

I am not going to insult you and attempt to tell you everything is going to be ok.

Don't admire my "strength and courage". I have neither.
I beg to differ. You're still around. That takes strength. You recognize your feelings, and you have the guts to admit them publically. You even have the guts to reach out for some support. That takes courage. I seriously don't believe I'd be able to handle things like you seem to do.

All the best (FWIW).

Wish I could tell you it gets easier. Wish I had something to say that would make you feel better. I cant imagine what you go through. Just know that you have a wealth of support here brother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom