Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolTech:
Dear Dork Diver,
I really dislike my dive buddy. It's not that he does anything wrong when diving... I just can't stand him.

Is there anything I can do to make him different?

Sure, drop him and find another Dork Diver. There are plenty at nearly every dive site. And they'll be glad to dive with you if you can show with your skills that you are a certified Dork Diver.

Thanks, Dork Diver!

My next question:
I'm new to diving, but have read a lot about the sport over the years...

Recently, I did wreck penetration to 3 levels and a max depth of 112' on EAN32. Should I be worried that I wasn't using EAN33?

CoolTech:
Thanks, Dork Diver!

My next question:
I'm new to diving, but have read a lot about the sport over the years...

Recently, I did wreck penetration to 3 levels and a max depth of 112' on EAN32. Should I be worried that I wasn't using EAN33?

Is that with the same buddy you don't like -:14:

Dave
DDHF

Yeah, he's made a couple of dives now (Including this one), but what difference does that make? He has a pink snorkel!

BobbyWombat:
Dear DD,

I don't know how to helicopter kick, so I'm very concerned about being able to turn around and get back to the boat.

Will I need to plan on circumnavigating the globe to get back to the boat??:confused:

If you can manage Dupont Circle, you should be able to find the boat with standard fining. Helicopter kicking is overrated.:wink:

Just kick harder with one leg and around you go.
Or, you can wait, it is an instinctive kick learned in .05 seconds after seeing the inside of a GWS’ mouth.:11:

Dave
DDHF

Absolutely - Simply pre-book your reservations at a series of DDHF Friendly Frequent Diver Resorts that lie on your initial azimuth setting. - Chris

Dear DD,

I have purple fins and a purple wetsuit, but the fins are more of a plum color, while the wetsuit is more of an amethyst...the tones don't quite match. Purple is my favorite color. Do you think the fish will mind?

Giggi:
Dear DD,

I have purple fins and a purple wetsuit, but the fins are more of a plum color, while the wetsuit is more of an amethyst...the tones don't quite match. Purple is my favorite color. Do you think the fish will mind?

... well... I figger' that divin' with fish is like goin' to a seafood restaurant... if the dang fish don't have good taste... the heck with em'... find a differn't fish! :) ... 'corse, that's just my opinion... Personally I find the ensamble to be rather fetching... and, of course... below about 15 ft most of the red tones wash out anyway... so things are probably quite well coordinated where it counts... at depth...

J.R.
DD #... ummmm.... something...

Back
Top Bottom