Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm:
Dear DD,

I personally know a dedicated DIR diver who is a in the closet dork diver. He has a closet full of pink and colorful gears, and he also has a snorkel fetish. He really needs to come out, but is afraid of the back lash by his fellow DIR divers. He is torn between his true self, and the image his parents wants him to be. His dad is an Army Ranger, and would likely disown him if the family found out. How can I help him?

Is San Fran the place for him to dive?

Fisher

This is a common problem with DIR divers.
They mistakenly believe that having fun when diving means something is about to go terribly wrong.
Many need intervention as soon as possible. There are treatment programs available.

Current programs:
Dive with the beautiful people program:
Currently scheduled are Selma Hayek and Jessica Alba:
This unique, male oriented adventure, puts you with two of the most exciting DORK divers in the sport. With them, you will forget all about DIR and the true DORK in you will eventually come through.
Future dives will include: Lauren Hutton, Sandra Bullock and Nikki Taylor.
For the females, a different dive is scheduled. It will include Tiger Woods, Pierce Brosnan and Nicolas Cage.
Cost – Huge$$$ but its worth it!

Dive Hawaii, Fiji, Bora Bora or Palau Program:
Your will dive with Turtles, mantas, reefs, Leesa and Catherine, warm water and pelagic life in abundance.
Cost varies greatly.

Dive anywhere in the Caribbean:
Visit Cozumel, Cayman Islands and check in at the ABC’s Islands.

Spend some time diving Florida, California and Baja Mexico and Costa Rica.

Last and most importantly, dive with your children and/or spouse.

After you have done most of these, you will remember what it like to have fun diving again.

Dave
DDHF

Please help me pick the best (most common or funny) 10 questions and responses to be posted on dorkdiver.com.

Dave

Teamcasa:
Please help me pick the best (most common or funny) 10 questions and responses to be posted on dorkdiver.com.

Dave

My fav's so far: (Post # Question then answer)

#3 >>> #5
#16 >>> #19
#29 >>> #35
#44 >>> #57
#75 >>> #77
#85 >>> # 86 & 87
#115 >>> #116

almitywife:
i dont see George Clooney on this list!!!!

Thats OK, he forgot ME too! :D

Originally Posted by Teamcasa
For the females, a different dive is scheduled. It will include Tiger Woods, Pierce Brosnan and Nicolas Cage

almitywife:
i dont see George Clooney on this list!!!!

I did not know he was a diver! I'll check his avalibility!

Dave

Get Patrick Swayze on that list and I am THERE! He doesn't have to be certified, if he can pass the medical qualifications I'll train him myself :D Sometimes its GOOD to be an instructor LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:
PS: He can bring his wife along, I'll train her as well

Visit the Dork Diver website for Dork Hats and Shirts!

Dave

Dear Dork Diver,

If I go to my local grocery store, buy up enough Fiji water to fill my bathtub, don my gear, and get in, can I log my location in my logbook as Fiji since I have scuba'd in Fiji water?

Thank you,
Coeur

ps - I've always wanted to dive in Fiji.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom