Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear DD,

I find that the more pink gears I don, the more effeminate I feel. Do you think there is anything wrong with a guy wanting to wear lipstick when he dives. Now I have an incredible urge to quit my job, and become a hair dresser.

Fisher...

fisherdvm:
Dear DD,

I find that the more pink gears I don, the more effeminate I feel. Do you think there is anything wrong with a guy wanting to wear lipstick when he dives. Now I have an incredible urge to quit my job, and become a hair dresser.

Fisher...
Dear Fisher,
Pink gear should be reserved for mask, snorkel, fins, weight belt, knife, light and the occasional tank. If you go beyond those items.... You... might be/become a hair dresser :shakehead

fisherdvm:
Dear DD,

Fisher...

Dear Fisher DVM:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be pretty. If there's one thing that Dork Divers pride themselves on, it's having STYLE!!!! :thumb:

/singing "I feel pretty.... Oh so pretty....."

Dear Fisher,
Pink gear should be reserved for mask, snorkel, fins, weight belt, knife, light and the occasional tank. If you go beyond those items.... You... might be/become a hair dresser

Or worse yet, mistaken for one of them pink dolphins they have in the Amazon river, then everyone will want ot take your picture and PADI will develop some new specialty course around you-Pink Amazon Dolphin Identification/Photography or some such nonsense...

Dear Dork Diver,
Hi, I am a long time reader, first timeposter...
I heard somewhere that Gillyweed will greatly increase my bottom time. Is this true? If so, is it available over the counter, or only by prescription? Also, if only by Rx, then is there a generic available?

Thanks,
Crab Lover
Headupmybutt, USA

crab lover:
Dear Dork Diver,
Hi, I am a long time reader, first timeposter...
I heard somewhere that Gillyweed will greatly increase my bottom time. Is this true? If so, is it available over the counter, or only by prescription? Also, if only by Rx, then is there a generic available?

Thanks,
Crab Lover
Headupmybutt, USA

Dear Crab Lover,

Dr. Bill (from Catalina) was the only Doctor permitted to prescribe Gillyweed. Unfortunately all of the naturally occurring Gillyweed was destroyed in a devastating brush fire on the island. But Dr. Bill may have saved a few seedlings, we will have to wait and see.

Dave
DDHF

Dear DD,

I personally know a dedicated DIR diver who is a in the closet dork diver. He has a closet full of pink and colorful gears, and he also has a snorkel fetish. He really needs to come out, but is afraid of the back lash by his fellow DIR divers. He is torn between his true self, and the image his parents wants him to be. His dad is an Army Ranger, and would likely disown him if the family found out. How can I help him?

Is San Fran the place for him to dive?

Fisher

fisherdvm:
Dear DD,

I personally know a dedicated DIR diver who is a in the closet dork diver. He has a closet full of pink and colorful gears, and he also has a snorkel fetish. He really needs to come out, but is afraid of the back lash by his fellow DIR divers. He is torn between his true self, and the image his parents wants him to be. His dad is an Army Ranger, and would likely disown him if the family found out. How can I help him?

Is San Fran the place for him to dive?

Fisher

Dear Fish,

Perhaps you, I mean they should try just peeking out the door a bit at a time. Start with just the pink snorkel in the DS pocket. Maybe then the colorful fins "while my others are in the shop". Soon the Koolaid Krew will be used to the non-compliant gear and all will be well.

Originally Posted by almitywife
Dear Dork Divers

i currently own 9 tanks and just had a sweet deal pop up for another 2 tanks... should i take it?

can one own too many tanks??
fisherdvm:
As long as you have a tank in every color of the rainbow, it never hurts to have two more of a different shade.

thanks Dork Diver..... just wanted to let you know i followed your advice and added 2 white tanks to our family of green, blue, black, yellow tanks

with brangalina in mind, ive decided to name them shiloh and suri :wink:

Fisher,

Here is the beauty of Dork Diving. Just go dive with a Dork Diver and you can have it all (as long as your having fun)! You can have as long as hose as you want, stuff several snorkels in each pocket, wear whatever colors you want, and even sneak in a few extra D-rings, a retractor, or bright yellow ankle weights if it makes you happy. The key is to dive with the gear, environment, and buddies that make you feel safe and happy… and have fun. If DIR does that for you then that’s what you should do. Just don’t knock those that are happily Dork Diving with another system.

Welcome, welcome come in!
Soggy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom