Deal or no deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been offered a DUI Yukon drysuit (first yukon model) for $1000 cad cash. Decent drysuit? Is it a buy once buy right, or will I go wrong getting this one?

The only downside I can see, but are fixable and can be added are: no zip seals, and no leg straps for my feet. The suit fits me perfectly.

I just don't want to buy another drysuit for a long time this will be my first... popping my drysuit cherry you could say.

I don't know I like the straps because they keep air out as your adding it on decent, the feeling of floaty feet is the worst!

A well fitting suit is nice, they are something that doesn't last a lifetime so depending how much you dive you'll be buying another soon.

Used suits go for between 200$ and maybe 1600$ Canadian. I watch for them around 600$ if the condition is good.

If it's worth 1000$ to you, it's a great deal. Sure extends our comfortable dive season so they are good value.

A well fitting suit is nice, they are something that doesn't last a lifetime so depending how much you dive you'll be buying another soon.

For that price I assume new?

haha yea I suppose a life time is overstating it, yes it is new. There are so many brands out there and I've been told DUI is good. I suppose the best question is what makes a drysuit good? Where I plan on taking my diving is to Cave 1 in Feb of next year.

I do try to get out as much as possible atleast 2 times a week, with a drysuit I'll be able to do more interesting dives.

Almost new, virtually ew aren’tt new. This suit comes with no warranties. Do you know the guy or is this a Craig’s List deal? I buy a lot of my stuff second hand, but suits are different. They won’t last forever like a tank or regulator a even barely noticeable damage can get expensive to fix. I would keep that in mind when parting with $1000.

DUI seals are easy to change if they are the ziplock type.

I strongly suggest trying in a pool at least to check for leaks before parting with any cash.

DUI seals are easy to change if they are the ziplock type.

I strongly suggest trying in a pool at least to check for leaks before parting with any cash.
Agreed - I would certainly do a leak check (in pool or otherwise) before parting with cash.

The suit is new and it is from a diveshop, I shop a lot there and they are doing me a solid by letting me pay cash. I totally agree with all of you on the try it out part if the suit were not new.

edit: If I did have an issue on the first dive, I'd be covered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom