Dbls Rentals in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It wouldn't be the first time I loaned out gear at Lobos to someone in the lot. Most often it is a cannister light though. I have ended up with some extra doubles at Lobos when people are returning them, but try not to haul around extra 100# items if I can avoid it :wink:

We've been spending a bit more time on the North Coast as of late, getting ready for my freediving class this weekend from Performance Freediving. It is supposed to be 3 days of freediving off the Cypress Sea, so that should be cool.

Hey Dan, remember the State Park pass works at most of the ab spots too :D.

Mark

mweitz:
I probably have a couple of sets you can use during that time period. Probably one set of E7-100 and one set of LP80's. I think my other sets of E7-100's have mix in them.

Mark

I don't think Rick would object to mix...

Rick you should ask Mark to drag you out to the deeper parts of Lobos and make it a Tech 1 level dive.

Got to love being somewhere where you can do a Tech 1 shore dive :wink:

:wink: :wink:
Ben_ca:
I don't think Rick would object to mix...

Rick you should ask Mark to drag you out to the deeper parts of Lobos and make it a Tech 1 level dive.

Got to love being somewhere where you can do a Tech 1 shore dive :wink:
You go that right. I'm doing a shore dive tomorrow to 200' (18/45) where about 50 yards off shore, the wall drops from 90' to 850'.

How about it, Mark? Care to play tour guide to a tech nOOb? :D
Ben_ca:
Are you going to dive all/most of those days?
Yup. I plan on diving the 3rd through the 8th.
WADiverBob:
Hey Rick,

I am going to Cailf. on Oct. 16-26. I plan go to Monterey Bay but I am still not know what day yet. I miss you.
Miss you too, my friend. We need to dive again together soon!
TSandM:
Rick -- put the trip off a week, and join US there!
I'll try not to silt up the Bay for you while I'm there.:wink:

remeber it's cold, oh you know that :D

Rick, you have been amazingly successful at avoiding diving with me . . . I finally caught Lamont, I'll get you, too, sooner or later :)

dlndavid:
remeber it's cold, oh you know that :D
Ha! I go there for the tropical diving! It'll be nice to dump a layer of undies. :D
TSandM:
Rick, you have been amazingly successful at avoiding diving with me . . . I finally caught Lamont, I'll get you, too, sooner or later :)
That's because I'm really just an internet diver. :wink:

internet stroke :wink:

Sure, I'll take you out to Lobos, and can take a day off that week. If it is really flat we can dive N. Monastery if you want to go deeper. It is a bit of a swim to get deep at Lobos, but it is amazing on a good day.

I have a total of 4 sets of doubles and won't be diving that much that week. I usually have 2 sets of 100's with 21 / 35, 1 set of 100's with 32 and 1 set of 80's with 32. I also have 2 50% bottles rigged up so you can borrow both of those while you are here. I also have a few stage bottles with various mixes in them.

You should try to hook up with some of the other local guys too. I know of at least one that has weekdays off and is always looking to dive. You may want to check on the 5thD-X site if you haven't already.

Anyway, you should be covered for tanks. I live in San Carlos which is right between San Jose and San Francisco.

Mark

Mark, take him to Moby Ling Cove or Soberanes Point with a set of 100's on his back, along with a stage bottle and a scooter. :11: Then scooter out to Lobos Rocks and back. THAT would be a fun dive, well, except for hauling the gear up and back.

Did you see the pic I had of the dead sea lion at Lobos Rocks in about 70 fsw?

Dan, you forgot a deco bottle and we will need to leave a bottle of 100% on the beach just in case. :wink:

No, where was the pic? That would freak me out for a second ...

Back
Top Bottom