Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In our family, the wife and daughter (despite dive experience) do not have AOW, so it's been a no-go for the site...

In our family, the wife and daughter (despite dive experience) do not have AOW, so it's been a no-go for the site...
Do you always dive with a dive operator? If your wife and daughter have experience and are in your estimation fit and capable why not take 1 of them down with you at a time. This way you can do it twice in one week😉.
My younger son was 17, OW certified five years, with around 70 dives, when I took him to the Hooker.

Do you always dive with a dive operator? If your wife and daughter have experience and are in your estimation fit and capable why not take 1 of them down with you at a time. This way you can do it twice in one week😉.
My younger son was 17, OW certified five years, with around 70 dives, when I took him to the Hooker.
Wow! My dad waited until I was 18 before he brought me to a hooker. :yeahbaby:

Depends on the conditions, but a friend of mine did successfully shore dive it yesterday. Fingers crossed it's flat seas again next week, ask the shop if they can add it to your itinerary :)
The stars aligned and we were able to make it to the Superior Producer today. Wow, what a great dive. The shore entry and swim was certainly a challenge without the ladder but doable if the surf isn't too bad. Let's of big tarpon in the cargo hold today. All around a fantastic dive to end my first trip to Curacao.

Lol…”current” certainly is relative. No, don’t expect to Coz drift dive in Curacao, though we do drift Watamula. Just mentioned it ‘cause my experience at sites I usually dive here this time of year the current is negligible. Not the case currently. 😊 Just pick your direction wisely at the drop; don’t be surprised if it switches during your dive; and enjoy viewing the thermoclines. Love the warm & blue…:bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:
Current can be fairly strong at Playa Kalki, especially, if you go north.

Hi everyone, can you update me on the latest changes?
1. Changing of the name from AlWest to GoWest has any practical consequences?
2. The dive shop at Playa Kalki used to belong to AlWest. Who owns/operates it now?
3. They still have tanks at the old AlWest (opposite the church), don't they?
4. Am I correct that the name AlWest was saved for the apartments opposite the church but GoWest is now the dive shop at Kalki? Do they cooperate?
Thanks!

Not sure what you are referring to. The Apts have been called Allwest and the dive operation called Gowest since we started going to CUR. Did you see something about a change? Tanks are onsite at Allwest from Gowest but air only. We were there in June. As far as I know they are one in the same or otherwise partner on the apts and diving.

Back
Top Bottom