Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you elaborate? Is this a safety concern for divers or snorkelers?
No, not a safety issue as SB sees it. The currents aren’t terribly heavy, just annoying to “hump” through if you choose your direction incorrectly or they change during the dive. In my experience this time of year, the Marazul house reef hasn’t had a ton of current. It’s nice that there are two entrances several hundred yards apart, so when the currents are a bit changeable as long as you’re diving between them, you can always drift to one to exit. It’s normally not an issue and you can dive it like any Curacao/Bonaire shore dive site. All IMHO, YMMV. 😊

Yes, the term ‘current’ is relative. We were told one dive that there was some ‘current’, having dove Cozumel and St. Lawrence I was expecting a short dive while I held onto rocks. It actually meant you could see the stuff float by. :)
We were not on the Marazil house reef, I’m nor sure which site we were on as there wasn’t enough current for me to note in my log.

Lol…”current” certainly is relative. No, don’t expect to Coz drift dive in Curacao, though we do drift Watamula. Just mentioned it ‘cause my experience at sites I usually dive here this time of year the current is negligible. Not the case currently. 😊 Just pick your direction wisely at the drop; don’t be surprised if it switches during your dive; and enjoy viewing the thermoclines. Love the warm & blue…:bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:

Anybody know if "dive bus" sets up night dives?

Anybody know if "dive bus" sets up night dives?
yes, both on the house reef, and Tugboat ($10 more for the bus trip according to the fee page).. Each trip we have done included doing 1 night dive with them (all of ours have been on the house reef).

Yep, I just swung by the shop and they said they just need 4 minimum to do a night dive on the house reef. And they said it's the "best" night dive.

Thanks! Looking wide open for my week!
Weather is looking good for Friday and I'm on the board to dive the Superior Producer this Friday with Dive Bus. Can't wait to wrap my week on this wreck. If anyone else is on island you should join. Only 3 of us are committed so far.

Back
Top Bottom