Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mean that Rig or was there something else there? Either way we're still getting weird and wonderful ships docking there periodically. Under the pier is still heaps of fun.

Yes, the rig that was there that seemed a permanent fixture...

So it left (finally), but othere are coming and going? Interesting...

1681330505546.png

What I remember - 2020 (and seems it was there a long time)

1681330295900.png

2021 - YIKES!

1681330332969.png

1681330373525.png

Later in 2022

1681330418240.png

If you want to see what's there, just check realtime marine traffic: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

I don't think the Tugboat piers get enough traffic for it to have silting issues. On the other hand, I've been told that the reef next to the cruise ship mega-pier is in such sad shape, due to the cruise ships stirring it up twice a day, every day.

I’ve noticed a change in critter content since the ship left, a lot of fishing line in the water now.

do things get stirred up/change with arrivals/departures?
Undoubtedly it does but weirdly it doesn't deter the critters. We recently found the tiniest most beautiful juvenile yellow seahorse under the pier as well as a larger one on top of the Frogfish that can be occasionally found on the rocks under the pier.

VERY EXCITED about a critter I found last week, and I know my fellow undersea lovers here will understand :daydream:

Check it out! Have you seen one of these? I've already been back once to make sure I could find it again!

Attachments

• scaly tail mantis in hole.JPG
    scaly tail mantis in hole.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 46
That's crazy. What would you estimate the size of the hole/opening?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom