Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we'll be down on May 13th. Can't wait. Sunscapes and Ocean Encounters again for 5 days of boat diving with afternoon and night diving from the dock. We also booked a 2 dive shore dive day with Scuba Do, to Playa Piskadó and Playa Kalki. We were aiming for Watamula and the mushroom forest, but it just didn't work out for this trip. We connected with a few shops but either their boat is out of the water for maintenance, or not enough divers booked to guarantee an outing, etc... Maybe next time? It's just a good excuse to come back again soon.

we'll be down on May 13th. Can't wait. Sunscapes and Ocean Encounters again for 5 days of boat diving with afternoon and night diving from the dock. We also booked a 2 dive shore dive day with Scuba Do, to Playa Piskadó and Playa Kalki. We were aiming for Watamula and the mushroom forest, but it just didn't work out for this trip. We connected with a few shops but either their boat is out of the water for maintenance, or not enough divers booked to guarantee an outing, etc... Maybe next time? It's just a good excuse to come back again soon.
LMK how the food and accommodations are. I’ll be there in August and utilizing Ocean Encounters for a night dive and a couple of morning dives.

LMK how the food and accommodations are. I’ll be there in August and utilizing Ocean Encounters for a night dive and a couple of morning dives.
we were there in December. The resort is just ok. The food is ok. To me it's just diving fuel. We really like the convenience of diving with OE, and their included tanks for shore diving is great. it's great being 30 seconds from the dive shop/dock. The house reef is pretty damn decent, and is literally steps away.
We normally stay somewhere "nicer", usually a Sandals, but their 2 dives a day isn't enough for us anymore. We like 3 or 4 a day at least. Last trip, we did the fluorescent night dive for my wife's birthday. It was pretty cool. Not something I'd do all the time, but I'm glad we did it.

we were there in December. The resort is just ok. The food is ok. To me it's just diving fuel. We really like the convenience of diving with OE, and their included tanks for shore diving is great. it's great being 30 seconds from the dive shop/dock. The house reef is pretty damn decent, and is literally steps away.
We normally stay somewhere "nicer", usually a Sandals, but their 2 dives a day isn't enough for us anymore. We like 3 or 4 a day at least. Last trip, we did the fluorescent night dive for my wife's birthday. It was pretty cool. Not something I'd do all the time, but I'm glad we did it.
Thanks for the info. Was interested in the fluorescent, but OE suggested against it as I have never done a night dive before, so I went with a regular night dive. Wife doesn’t dive, so only doing a few dives. But plan on doing a bunch of snorkeling with her. Figure we’ll rent a car for the week and just hit a bunch of beaches and snorkel from them.

Any tips on local eateries would be appreciated. Like to sample the local cuisine.

Thanks for the info. Was interested in the fluorescent, but OE suggested against it as I have never done a night dive before, so I went with a regular night dive. Wife doesn’t dive, so only doing a few dives. But plan on doing a bunch of snorkeling with her. Figure we’ll rent a car for the week and just hit a bunch of beaches and snorkel from them.

Any tips on local eateries would be appreciated. Like to sample the local cuisine.
we didn't venture out except for our day trip to Klein Curacao. We basically get up, breakfast, 2 tank boat dive, lunch, afternoon shore dive, rest, dinner, evening dive, nightcap, sleep. Repeat x 5 days....lol

I see local news reports on tourism stats that the number of visitors from the US is increasing. Jetblue has also added more flights over the past 5 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom