Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still have a significant bit of "catching back up" for what the last 3 years has done to us (my family) financially... Luxury things like trips with air travel, week long accommodations, and multi-day activity expenses are not yet on the eligibility list...

I'm even yearning for getting back out on the charters here at home...

Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but it seems the water is starting to warm up a bit! Still 26*C/79*F according to the computer, but it ...feels... warmer!
As usual, we've had some awesome encounters lately, so I'll share some photos from the last week of diving. I am absolutely loving Director's Bay lately, so make sure you add that to your "must see" list for next time!

Attachments

• schooling creole wrasse.JPG
    schooling creole wrasse.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 29
  • tiny trumpetfish.JPG
    tiny trumpetfish.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 31
  • sand diver with big fan.JPG
    sand diver with big fan.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 31
  • divers big baitball.JPG
    divers big baitball.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 33
Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but it seems the water is starting to warm up a bit! Still 26*C/79*F according to the computer, but it ...feels... warmer!
As usual, we've had some awesome encounters lately, so I'll share some photos from the last week of diving. I am absolutely loving Director's Bay lately, so make sure you add that to your "must see" list for next time!
I know I just raved about Director's Bay, but a couple days ago one of my mates found 3 seahorses there - none of them together!

What's everyone's favorite dive site in Curacao? If you don't have a favorite yet, I'm sure you'll get some good recommendations here! Mine, not shockingly, is Pierbaai Reef at Marie Pampoen :cool:

Attachments

• diver with seahorse.JPG
    diver with seahorse.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 26
In my experience all sites have pluses and minuses. We thoroughly enjoy Alice in Wonderland a/k/a Playa Kalki and can dive the site multiple times a day multiple days in row. The reef architecture is such that there are endless areas, holes, pockets and overhangs to explore. We like the Go West dive set up with shaded set up areas, easy access to tanks, dock access, line to depth, rinse tanks and drying racks. Snacks and drinks available at GoWest and the resort food/snack bar next to GoWest.

What's everyone's favorite dive site in Curacao?
Favorites? Have to pick just one? You are kidding, right?

Is Playa Lagun the one that takes a "open water" (stay up top/shallow to conserve NDL) swim over to the "horseshoe" reef?

Whichever one that was, although good diving, was the one of all of these I liked least...

In three Curacao trips with you folks, we have done:

Pier Baai/Car Pile
Tug Boat/Pier
Playa Piskado
Porto Mari
Playa Lagun
Kokomo Beach
Cas Abao

Where you bringing me the next time?

Porto Marie, double dip, with lunch in between, and sunset beers after. Oh, and it's a nice dive😉

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom