Day 2 of a norte :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The port was closed yesterday morning to all boats under 40 ft (which basically means everyone - there are a couple of boats over 40 ft) The port opened for a snap second yesterday afternoon and a few boats tried to go out, only to have to come right back in.

Winds are at 25mph from the north with gusts up to 30mph. Current temperature is 68º F

Today, the port is again closed to all boats under 40 ft, and all shore based aquatic activities including snorkeling and shore diving.

I feel terrible for the people here on vacation that cannot dive.

Hopefully these winds will blow through and all will be back to normal tomorrow. :snorkel:

Christi:
The port was closed yesterday morning to all boats under 40 ft (which basically means everyone - there are a couple of boats over 40 ft) The port opened for a snap second yesterday afternoon and a few boats tried to go out, only to have to come right back in.

Winds are at 25mph from the north with gusts up to 30mph. Current temperature is 68º F

Today, the port is again closed to all boats under 40 ft, and all shore based aquatic activities including snorkeling and shore diving.

Hopefully these winds will blow through and all will be back to normal tomorrow. :snorkel:

It has been a little better here in Cancun as the Norte doesnt close us like the southerlies do, but it has chilled my pool down and I have switched to five mm steamer for longer pool sessions. I think I have to go and buy a duvet for my bed too.

Its firkkin freezing in here Mr Bigglesworth..

That's a real bummer when that happens. And you folks must be freezing at 68 degrees.

Take heart though, it could be worse. It got down to 4 degrees last night here. :frosty:

cancun mark:
It has been a little better here in Cancun as the Norte doesnt close us like the southerlies do, but it has chilled my pool down and I have switched to five mm steamer for longer pool sessions. I think I have to go and buy a duvet for my bed too.

Its firkkin freezing in here Mr Bigglesworth..

HAHA! that is so funny! I bought a down comforter in Cancun a few weeks ago...put it inside the empty duvet cover on my bed yesterday!

It's amazing how acclimated we become to the weather down here...I used to RELISH 68º weather...haha! It was REALLY cold last night...I actually had to CLOSE the window and turn off the ceiling fans!

I have on a sweatshirt and jeans and socks and I'm STILL cold...haha! :ice:

Christi:

There's another one coming. A major push of Arctic air will roar through here (Austin) on Wednesday, and looking at the weather maps it looks like it will have plenty enough juice to reach you guys. Friday, I'd guess.

ggunn:
There's another one coming. A major push of Arctic air will roar through here (Austin) on Wednesday, and looking at the weather maps it looks like it will have plenty enough juice to reach you guys. Friday, I'd guess.

Gee thanks for the great news Gordon...:wink:

I have been watching that...norte's go with the territory this time of year...but I don't like them any better each year

Christi if you are coming home for Christmas you better bring that Comforter with you. Gordon is right that norte is suppose to hit us on Wed night. The weather guy said maybe snow flurries on thurs if you can believe that brrrr :frosty: The high's are suppose to be in the 30's that is cold for us.

Maybe this will make you feel a little warmer. It was 8 degree F here in Minneapolis yesterday. The wind chill was somewhere around 10 below zero. And it's only gonna get worse in a month. Brrrrrr!!!!

I'm going to be in Cozumel for two weeks at the end of February though. I can't wait!!

Tom

Mark and Christi, you POOR things. I feel terrible for you.

My hair froze in a nanosecond this morning as I walked out to the car. I had to punch the doorframe all around to get it open, since it rained before the temperature plummeted to 10 degrees overnight.

SueMermaid:
Mark and Christi, you POOR things. I feel terrible for you.

My hair froze in a nanosecond this morning as I walked out to the car. I had to punch the doorframe all around to get it open, since it rained before the temperature plummeted to 10 degrees overnight.

We northerners are such a sympathetic lot.... :santasmil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom