Daughter now diving a CCR -- with manatees!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clem:
A bit much for an 18 year old........

Ahh, yes, you mean the same 18 year olds who are trained and trusted to manipulate multi-million dollar machinery to fight wars in distant lands. Pfft, you're right. They certainly couldn't dive a rebreather. :shakehead

clem:

man, this guy is a a-hole

(yes, that's name calling)

H2Andy:
man, this guy is a a-hole

(yes, that's name calling)

Yeh, I'd hate to be raised in his regime. ...a lot of positive support there. <dripping with sarcasm>

I used to race karts, and raced against some 15 year old kids that were racing AND winning, in full on carbon fibre open wheel cars that go 160 MPH. It entirely depends on the 18 year old in question.

clem:

somewhat like giving a teen driver a Corvette...you push their luck, and yours.

PacketSniffer:
Yeh, I'd hate to be raised in his regime. ...a lot of positive support there. <dripping with sarcasm>

I will second that PacketSniffer. We raised 7 kids, not one was ever in any kind of trouble and are wonderfull adults today. It sure did not come from not letting them try things (within the law) they wanted to. They all finished college, two have Master degrees and the weird one has a PHD in math. I even bought a Corvette. His regime will create criminals!

Great pictures and congrads on the daughter.

Clem, I feel certain that Doug would NEVER allow his daughter to do anything like that unless they were both supremely confident in her skills. And judging by his photos of her, she looks totally confident. In a way, I envy her. I wish I had started diving at her age.

Bravo, Kim! :clapping:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom