Daughter now diving a CCR -- with manatees!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Kim (my daughter) has wanted to dive rebreathers for several
years. Now that she's 18 I've got her in one of my Sport Kiss classes. She did her first few hours on the unit at Weeki Wachee yesterday. Near the end of the day I took a few photos:

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3419a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3429a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3437a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3433a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3436a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3423a.jpg

weekiwacheemar2007crw_3440a.jpg

Here is a link to some of the other photos:

http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=103

debersole:
Kim (my daughter) has wanted to dive rebreathers for several
years. Now that she's 18 I've got her in one of my Sport Kiss classes. She did her first few hours on the unit at Weeki Wachee yesterday. Near the end of the day I took a few photos:

Bravo to you and your daughter!

Gorgeous pics. Everyone looks like they are suspended in air - even the manatee!

Cheers,

X

18 and in a rebreather? Have you ever considered adopting? :D

Though still only a senior in high school, she makes LOTS of tips as a hostess at Outback Steakhouse!:)

All kidding aside, she is an excellent diver with over 300 dives in multiple environments who holds an advanced nitrox and master diver rating and is currently working on her SSI Dive Con.

Doug

That's awesome, Doug. Makes me feel really....insignificant! LOL :)

No bravos from this diver. What a waste of technology. Grab a snorkel or -at best- an 80 cf AIR tank and dive with these silly creatures for hours. Why subject an 18 year old child to a technology with an way outside the norm failure rate and a death rate per use that is beyond the pale. Sling stages and nitrox at 20 feet? Perhaps it is this
"approach" to diving that has "professionals" in Florida putting divers in used rubber bags..
not in new wetsuits.

clem:
No bravos from this diver. What a waste of technology. Grab a snorkel or -at best- an 80 cf AIR tank and dive with these silly creatures for hours. Why subject an 18 year old child to a technology with an way outside the norm failure rate and a death rate per use that is beyond the pale. Sling stages and nitrox at 20 feet? Perhaps it is this
"approach" to diving that has "professionals" in Florida putting divers in used rubber bags..
not in new wetsuits.

And welcome to the troll. Clearly according to this logic, she should have done her first CCR dive on the Doria. :shakehead

clem:
not in new wetsuits.

That's a bit extreme, don't you think? :confused:

Love the pics! Especially the turtle shot. But where are the bubbles coming from? :)

Back
Top Bottom