Datamask service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmcutter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My faithful Datamask just bit the dust. The battery died last week between dives, and when I put in a new battery the display is fully illuminated and doesn't respond to any of the buttons. It also doesn't sense being underwater. Oceanic hasn't serviced them for a while-did anyone that owns one ever find an independent source of service? I hate to just trash it...
Thanks

Oh no. I can hear a requiem mass being held for it somewhere. I love my Datamask. Will you try to replace it or switch to something new? I've decided to switch to something new - got the Geo 4.0 to start the transition. I need a new mask because I need a new eye prescription - it's getting harder to see out of my Datamask. You can watch ebay - someone had one for sale here recently too.

I'm pretty sure Oceanic/Hollis/Huish will not touch your Datamask. Sorry my friend. :(

I saw the one on ebay but I'm not going to drop $900 on something that is not going to be serviceable. For the time being I'm just going HUDless with the wrist computer. I have a Shearwater Perdix and if I was going to spend the money on another HUD I would go with the NERD. I'm going to have to decide how much the HUD really means to me. I have to say that I enjoyed diving yesterday with a lighter mask and larger field of view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom