Data Max Pro Plus & Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randial

Reaction score
I have a Data Max Pro Plus. I have also upgrated to XP on my computer. I can not get my software to work under XP. Tech support says I need a seial adaptor. Before I spend the money does anyone have a solution. I would hate to spend the money and it not work either. It acts like a software problem.

Thanks
Randial

So far, the only solution I've heard about is to replace the parallel connector with a serial connector. I agree with you, this is a software issue masquerading as a hardware issue, but I don't think you and I can do much about it. If you buy through an authorized dealer, it will cost you about US$55.00, otherwise the MSRP is US$99.00. Aggravating as all get out, ain't it?

The original hardware/software rarely worked. At least not well enough to warrant throwing more money down that particular drain. I took a pass on the new cable.

Steven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom