DAN Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have the full wordings of the DAN policy? I've been trying to obtain a copy from them with all the legalese in it, and have been unable to do so. If anyone could provide a contact, or a copy of said policy, that would be great.

What do you mean by "DAN policy?" Insurance policies? Membership policies?

I suspect all you'll get is on this page:
DAN Divers Alert Network : Insurance : Diving Accident Insurance Plan
and links from that page such as:
Review Policy Exclusions
DAN Member Benefits Handbook

Yep, I've read that page backwards and forwards. There isn't enough there. There must be some legal requirement that insurance provide copies of the entire policy available SOMEWHERE to subscribers.

Edit: After a call to my states Division of Insurance, the DAN policy is a group policy, and DAN has no legal obligation to provide a copy of the policy to you.

From what I've heard about DAN they are an awesome provider of all sorts of backup for divers all over the planet. Are you a member? They send out a very good periodical called "Alert Diver" which I read cover to cover when I get it. I also purchased DAN Tags for my son and I. You wear them on your BC and you are connected to all sorts of vital personal information whereever you are. :)

They do provide policy in Europe. Send it together with the membership card. BUt I'm afraid European waivers and exclusions are totally different from American ones

I received the full kit and caboodle shipped with my card too.

The wife paid dues and for full insurance for both of us.. I never received a new card OR a kit and caboodle :)

I received the full kit and caboodle shipped with my card too.

You did? Great, then perhaps you can tell me, how they define a pre-existing condition when it comes to diving accidents(not trip insurance)

What's the deal? Are you worried that if you have a heart condition and get around the world they won't cover to evacuate you? I read the exclusions and it didn't mention that at all. The beat thing to do is to call DAN and just ask them, let us know what they say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom