DAN Membership vs. Dive Insurance vs. Health Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A verbal statement from an insurance company is worthless, especially when you need treatment NOW.

In some cases, unless they see the cash, they won't put you in the chamber.
With DAN INSURANCE, there is no quibble, you are in the chamber plus any additional transportation or medical.

When I needed DAN it was seamless, the facility had corporate DAN insurance, the guides had DAN insurance, I had DAN insurance.
The facility made the initial call, quoting their details, the guides details, and my details. I didn't even need to talk to them for 3 days.
They organised the repatriation, and covered all costs.

If I dive overseas, I always have DAN insurance.

A verbal statement from an insurance company is worthless, especially when you need treatment NOW.

In some cases, unless they see the cash, they won't put you in the chamber.
With DAN INSURANCE, there is no quibble, you are in the chamber plus any additional transportation or medical.

When I needed DAN it was seamless, the facility had corporate DAN insurance, the guides had DAN insurance, I had DAN insurance.
The facility made the initial call, quoting their details, the guides details, and my details. I didn't even need to talk to them for 3 days.
They organised the repatriation, and covered all costs.

If I dive overseas, I always have DAN insurance.
^^^THIS is the point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom