DAN Insurance...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattJ:
For people who have two health insurance plans, there is usually a tiering system - the medical bills go to the primary insurer first, then the remaining amount (if any) is submitted to the secondary insurer.

For example, my wife has fairly average medical insurance through the school district where she teaches. They're her primary insurer. She's also insured as my dependant through my employer, which has much better coverage. When bills come in, her school insurance (the primary) pays what it's covered to pay, then my employer's insurance (the secondary) looks at the remainder and pays whatever it's supposed to cover.

Okay...but how does that play out if you need a chamber?

You wouldn't call ...your main insurance at home for a transport and a ride, would you?

and why do SOME people say Dive Assure has an advantage being primary?

I think it's a good idea. The base level insurance is very cheap (Under $60/year I think) and from what I've seen, you might be looking at tens of thousands of dollars if you ever need it.

Like all insurance, warranties, etc. it's a gamble, of course.... But I'm not going to cry over a couple bucks in the case I ever need it.

I bought DAN membership and insurance for my wife and I as soon as we passed our OW certification; at less than $10 a month for both of us we thought it was a pretty good deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom