DAN Insurance thoughts on your choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had DAN insurance at the Master level for quite few years now. Since I joined DAN, they have eliminated the basic plan which did not cover a whole lot and now they offer three plan levels with the master plan being the lowest one.
I was thinking of moving up to the preferred plan and am curious to know what others have signed up for.
Most of my diving is local shore diving with a few trips a year to our local island (Santa Catalina) via charter boat.

I have whatever the highest one is. Cave country basically doesn't have any local chambers, and I do a lot of decompression diving. It's negligible in the grand scheme of things for the peace of mind

I have whatever the highest one is. Cave country basically doesn't have any local chambers, and I do a lot of decompression diving. It's negligible in the grand scheme of things for the peace of mind

^^^this^^^

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just checked and the plans are:
Standard ($30/yr)
Master ($40/yr)
Preferred ($75/yr)

...actually, it seems like it depends on where you live. Certain U.S. states still have Standard. The rest, and Canada, start at Master and end at Guardian.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just checked and the plans are:
Standard ($30/yr)
Master ($40/yr)
Preferred ($75/yr)

...actually, it seems like it depends on where you live. Certain U.S. states still have Standard. The rest, and Canada, start at Master and end at Guardian.
You are correct. It depends on where you live.
Here in California it is: Master $40, Preferred $75, and Guardian $125.

My chopper ride from Jacksonville to Tallahassee was billed at $49,500. DAN is cheep. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had to take a ride myself but have called in no less then a dozen choppers. And have trained with many flight medics and they will all tell u the same thing, chances are your regular medical insurance will not cover a chopper ride. Best to have supplemental insurance.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

I got the most expensive one , not sure what it's called..... guardian ?

I've also loaded people into chopper baskets and always held two thoughts at that time:

1.) I hope they make it
2.) I hope they didn't cheap out on their DAN coverage

The incremental cost between the top and second highest plans is negligible over the course of a year. Less than a couple of nitrox fills?

Best insurance I've ever had! It paid for most of my wife's dive accident, ended up only $35 out of pocket out of a $100,000+ bill. Don't go cheap, get the best and hope you never have to use it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom