• Enhanced + Master

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Enhanced + Preferred

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Enhanced + Guardian

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimAway

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I think it is time for another Dan Insurance Poll if everyone doesn't mind. The split up of the "Evac" and "Insurance" parts now provides a minimum of 8 choices for most states, at least mine does. It is mildly confusing. DAN will explain it all on a phone call, but it doesn't hurt to see what other diver's thought process is.

I've tried to cover all options that I am aware of in this poll, as previous polls only had some of them.

Of course situations differ in so many ways, and no choice is right for everyone, but it helps to get a reality check too.

I have the enhanced mostly for the print magazine 😅
I'm leaning that way myself. If I get the print magazine I'll actually read it.

Just the standard regular membership has "insurance" of Emergency Medical Transportation & Travel Assistance Benefits ($150K) or am I interpreting that wrong? My two BCBS PPO plans seem to cover me worldwide for emergency medical care and I have spoke with them and that includes medical transport repatriation to the U.S.

I think it is time for another Dan Insurance Poll if everyone doesn't mind. The split up of the "Evac" and "Insurance" parts now provides a minimum of 8 choices for most states, at least mine does. It is mildly confusing. DAN will explain it all on a phone call, but it doesn't hurt to see what other diver's thought process is.

I've tried to cover all options that I am aware of in this poll, as previous polls only had some of them.

Of course situations differ in so many ways, and no choice is right for everyone, but it helps to get a reality check too.
You realize that depending on jurisdiction some of these plans don't exist or there's only 1 available or some other iteration makes this poll very location sensitive

Just the standard regular membership has "insurance" of Emergency Medical Transportation & Travel Assistance Benefits ($150K) or am I interpreting that wrong? My two BCBS PPO plans seem to cover me worldwide for emergency medical care and I have spoke with them and that includes medical transport repatriation to the U.S.
1) Do you have the cash to front all these expenses in a foreign country? Cause they aren't going to accept an IOU from your California insurer. Even with a 'limitless' Amex your insurance is highly unlikely to be cutting you a check within mere weeks when your statement arrives.
2) DAN (and all the other competing providers) has always been secondary coverage, and you may end up with a $40k bill *after* your insurance has paid out (assuming they don't balk and come up with various reasons to deny you) for helicopters, chambers, and weeks of care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom