DALE WRIGHT (dwright, wreckmaniac) ripped off his dive club..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
Corigan started this thread with a personal attack and just a few minutes ago reopend a year old thread to take a cheap at dwright. Now don't get me wrong I'm not defending dwright. It think what he did sucks and I hope you guys can get your money back. But there is a big difference between saying, "My business dealing with so-and-so have been so bad I've been forced to press criminal charges against him so consider yourself warned" and running around screaming about how much you hate the guy. Sorry, that's just the way I see things.
I did reopen a year old thread, but for a reason. 1) To take a cheap shot at Dale, he deserves thousands before we are anywhere even. If you would have seen some of my photoshops of Dale, you would have seen real cheap shots. 2) The thread I reopened shows that Dale Wright stole web material from another webmaster. See a trend? I was just exposing that hey, this isn't the first time Dale has been accused of stealing something. It says his name right on the link I provided on the other thread and shows jpgs depicting what he stole and used on his own website. I thought I would draw attention to this, maybe not in such a classy way.

I am usually a pretty nice individual. I find it hard to restrain on SB though. I am a blunt individual, and I don't beat around the bush. I will try to refrain from taking further cheapshots at Dale. I feel sorry for Dale. I don't hate Dale. I don't like this tactic. I don't like being the bad guy. I think all of us are pretty sick of it and just want it to be over. He deserves all the cheapshots and exposure he gets though, as he brought it on himself.

On another note, I think Cornfed is probably right on this one. I will refrain from mentioning anything more on this.

Matt

Corigan:
I am usually a pretty nice individual. I find it hard to restrain on SB though. I am a blunt individual, and I don't beat around the bush.
Odd, I could say the same thing about myself. :wink:

Like I said, I don't mean to give you a hard time. I see this as a two step process. First, warn people so it's less likely to happen again. And second, put him behind bars. Step one is finished... now go introduce him to his cellmate. :D

cornfed:
But there is a big difference between saying, "My business dealing with so-and-so have been so bad I've been forced to press criminal charges against him so consider yourself warned" and running around screaming about how much you hate the guy. Sorry, that's just the way I see things.

Whether the Matt, Jason, Mel, et al. decide to seek legal recourse or not is up to them. But, what if they do not decide to file criminal charges, and just to write it off as a lesson learned? Are you implying they have no grounds to publicly announce their utmost displeasure with Dale and to warn others about his dishonest practices? I sure hope not.

-Gerry

Hi Joe! :D Long time no see on the board. I'm sorry to hear about health problems and I hope you're doing better. Glad to see ya back and you've got to dive with our group sometime. I'm in the process of a move to Charlotte so unfortunately my diving is caput for a couple of months. I'm hoping to plan a quarry dive sometime in the next month though.

Mel

medic13:
man I am sorry to hear this all .
I had some health issues that had kept me away but was finally able to dive again this last week , well time to kick the web page into high gear , also the http://www.wreckmaniac.com/forum/closed.asp
Closed for maintenance
i thought dale worked for a dive shop I might have to do more checking , I wouldn't book anymore with him till you can verify the info again , I dove this Tuesday 08/16th with a new dive charter that was great out of Carolina beach (http://www.capefeardivers.com/)
they wear truly great sea's excellent 2 foot tops.
1st dive Frying Pan Tower
2nd dive Gill
visibility we could see the gill from the surface 86 feet below temps wear excellent warm.

The BBS is temporarily offline for maintenance and upgrades. Please try back later.

For what it's worth, there's a weekly dive at the Lake Norman Quarry every Thursday evening at 6:00 pm. I'm usually there and welcome any of our group to join us!

Just send me a PM if you'd like to get together,
Grier

Any of you folks that were ripped off get any of your money back yet?

(I didn't really think anyone had, just wanted to keep this thread on the first page, nice and current.
devil_3.gif
)

Frank

Frank you are so funny, was hoping you had news of.....well never mind....I will behave....PinkDolphin was trying to emerge there for a minute.

Frank, you got it right...no one has received any money. Ask again in a couple more weeks. :drejnd:

BigWhiteSquare:
Any of you folks that were ripped off get any of your money back yet?

(I didn't really think anyone had, just wanted to keep this thread on the first page, nice and current.
devil_3.gif
)

Frank

Sorry Linda, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. I just wanted to make sure this topic didn't fall off everyone's radar screen and die. Y'know, the way I'd kinda like for that whole "stroke" business to die. :banghead:

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom