DALE WRIGHT (dwright, wreckmaniac) ripped off his dive club..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If he's there predictably, sounds like an excellent opportunity for an encounter group therapy session discussing "financial planning". If Dale declines to participate, you can always do the Eddie Murphy routine where you get the attention of everyone in the bar, shut off the music, etc., and describe Dale's less desirable habits ensuring that everyone knows his name, etc. At the least you get some amusement from it, you ensure a memorable evening in the minds of those who see him there frequently, and so far as I know, public humiliation isn't illegal. :D (Heck, threaten him with the same manner of humiliation repeatedly on random evenings into the indefinite future, and he might even come clean with what he owes.....naaaaaah!)

I know his usual after work hang out and have suggested to some of the folks that they should all be waiting for him one day afterwork. :D I think what would be perfect is the ones who he has never met, you guys could sit there waiting for him and then approach him when he settles down to enjoy his nice cold beer. LOL

Also, last time I was in Morehead everytime I drove past Diver Down I'd look for his car - even thought of visiting his mother. Anyway, you guys are going to be in Carolina Beach this weekend, right? You're too far from Morehead to run into him. From what I understood he only dives with Bobby Cox.

Oh and one more thing....I've got one of his books too. Fatal Descent.

Mel

Still no word from Mr. WRight. I'm still holding my breath though.

BigWhiteSquare:
Any news? Sightings? Photoshop images to share? :D

Leave it to good ole Frankie not to let this one die. :D

Ok, I have nothing to do with the incident but I was wondering if this had something to do with a situation where weather might have looked bad for that weekend, and people decided not to go to NC, but the boat still went out, and therefore there was no refund?

~Marlinspike

Marlinspike:
Ok, I have nothing to do with the incident but I was wondering if this had something to do with a situation where weather might have looked bad for that weekend, and people decided not to go to NC, but the boat still went out, and therefore there was no refund?

~Marlinspike

Not at all. The dive shop (Discovery) called the dives. They even sent him a check. He even told us he got the check from them, he then proceeded to disappear with our money. Would not respond to pm's, emails, phone calls.

He made quite a bit of cash on the deal, but in the end, he's the one that lost out on that deal as he lost the respect and friendship of a huge group of folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom