Dacor Turbo Flex vs Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRadke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I scored both pairs of fins for $10 per pair this weekend. They seem similar in shape, but the one major difference that I noticed being the direction of the vent. The Dacor are vented exactly opposite of the Jet and weigh a lot less. I haven't had either pair in the water yet.

Are the fins designed for different style kicks? What can I expect from these? To date I've only used the twin jets and I've been trying to learn to frog kick.

Last edited:
Also, I need to replace the straps on the jets. Are spring straps worth the effort, or are the original rubber straps the way to go?

They work different angles .
Dacor is softer in front kick and harder in back kick and the weight is advantage for the diver comparing with Jet.
Jet is heavier and work opposite softer in back kick and harder in front kick .
Also the material is harder in Dacor that makes sense in power comparing the Jet.

I've dove both and will take the Jet Fins. They make you work more efficiently with all the advanced finning techniques which it sounds like you are working on. Yes, the Spring Straps are worth it!!

Spring Straps.

62.300.008-2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom