Dacor Tigers vs. Mares Volos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CourtNet85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is the difference between Tigers and Volos? They look pretty similar and Dacor and Mares are sister companies but I know there must be +/- to both. Also black Tigers

I looked @ both Volos and Tigers when I was fin-shopping a few years back. In the end I decided on the Tigers because the people I spoke with who had used both types had indicated to me that they preferred the Tigers because they were better with a variety of fin tecniques.

The fins are excellent: I've used them everywhere from cold freshwater FL springs to saltwater currents in the Red Sea.

~SubMariner~

Black Tigers are 30% stiffer than regular tigers. I have them, and to tell the triuth I don't realy like them. They are stiff, almost as stiff as Mares Aanti Quadro, but seems that not as much power... So, I still like my Quadro's better.

The only good thing about Black Tigers that I like is that they are very light - good for travelling, and completeley nutral in water.

Tigers and Volos are the same.

Mainly because Dacor and Mares are the same. They are both owned by HTM Sports of Italy.

Tigers and Volos are not the same. Volos have a stiffer hinge.

--according to an article I read about a year ago which is why I bought the Volos.

The yellow tigers win of course! How often do you see all black tigers? Pshaw. If you put your tigers into the water and listen really really close, you can hear them roar. Plus, the face of the tiger on the rubber part looks cool, and thats all you should be worried about while scuba diving!
Volos on the other hand make me think of boxy sedans.
=-) MK
[edited because i'm stupid and dont proofread]

Rodales did a write up on these fins & several more here:
http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/8paddlefins/review.shtml

As for the claims that "volos have a stiffer hinge" and "Black Tigers are 30% stiffer than regular tigers", can we have some factual data please?

~SubMariner~

FYI I have the yellow Tigers. The only reason I like yellow fins is so that my students can see me easier when the vis is nominal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom