Dacor Reg setup/Service or toss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found a 1st, 2nd and octo in the attic today..I knew they were in the house somewhere! These were my wife's but she doesn't even remember owning them!!UGH!

Including the Console, I'm wondering if these are worth having serviced? They would be comparable to the Mares MV12S and the MV Octo or should I just donate them to a local cause?

Dacor

TIA,

I'm not sure parts are available for anything older than a Viper so if they're metal 900's or earlier that will be a problem. Someone posted Vintage Double Hose might have some NOS rep;acements - after Mares bought Dacor (late 90's?) all the molds were lost/scrapped.

Those use the same parts kits as the Mares equivalents. I have a couple of Dacor Eagle regs and those ones as Octos, they seem to be from a period where Mares was building Decor branded versions of their regs.

They are nice regs, and servicing etc should be the same as with a Mares set. They can be used as left and right regs on a sidemount setup, I use mine on a CCR bailout because they are ambidextrous for sharing. If you decide to donate, please feel free to donate them to my cause (Gear Buyers Anonymous).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom